𝖝𝖛. The Dark Druid

『Act I • Side A』

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

✨🌙🔮🌙✨

"The Darach is my English teacher?"

June's jaw hangs open with shock, brown eyes widening at the information she just learned. She stands next to Scott in Derek's loft (who she thought was dead until she saw him again, no one bothered updating her with the news) and Stiles is facing Derek as he explains everything to the werewolf, eyes watery from preventing tears after his father's kidnapping. Eliza is perched on the sole desk in the otherwise empty loft, unintentionally showing off her black boots as she swings her legs.

"I think I'm the least surprised of you all," The blonde says, snickering at June's and Derek's horror-stricken faces. "This is Beacon Hills- the literal beacon of all things supernatural. And it's not like school has been a very safe place either."

"I'm not surprised she's an English teacher," The Alpha immediately counters, his thick brows crinkling downwards. His jaw clenches as though there are words he's trying to hold in, but lets it go as he sighs, "I'm shocked that the Darach is the woman I'm dating."

Juniper's mouth hangs open in shock again as the Alpha avoids eye contact with the teenagers in the room. This time, the remaining three join her with the same expression. No one was expecting this from him, no one knew what to say to him- not really. You know what to say when someone has a break up for all plausible reasons- but no one teaches you what to say when the one you love turns out to be a murderous psychopath sacrificing innocents. 

"I'm sorry..." June croaks unsurely, biting her lips nervously.

"She just killed an innocent girl at the recital," Scott says, eyebrows furrowed in fury. He clenches his fists, June's hand goes to his and loosens the knot only because she wants to hold his hand. He relaxes his hands and holds hers back, granting her a comforting squeeze. 

"She acts like she's some damsel in distress when in fact she's a literal serial killer." Stiles tenses, inadvertently shouting the next words. "And my dad might be next?!"

"I won't let it happen," Surprisingly, it's Eliza who says that. Flame dances in her cerulean eyes, "I swear, Stiles, I will burn her alive and turn her into looking like the ugly bitch that she is." She passes a glance to the older werewolf. "No offense,"

"None taken." Derek responds simply. Furrowing his eyebrows as he thinks of a plan. His ears suddenly perk up and he looks towards the door, brown eyes wide. "She's here. All of you, hide. Show yourselves when she's suspicious."

"Maybe embarrass her by not kissing back?" Eliza suggests as they shuffle behind the sofa to hide- that's the only hiding place they all can fit behind.

Derek smirks. "That should eat some of her ego."

"Wait!" Eliza says as they tuck behind the sofa. "What if she has super hearing?"