♥𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙊𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 --𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣♥

Rya walked alongside Neteyam, hand in hand. The two in complete silence as the sun faded from sight. The ocean's body surrounded them as they strolled along the hammocks, outside the small family's cot. Teya was fast asleep inside, with Kiri watching over her. Neteyam had asked her to keep an eye on the young child so the two could spend some time together, to which Kiri had agreed to. "You know, it's funny.. the last time we did this was the night before you were sent off to your mothers.." Teyam chuckled, keeping quiet in order to not disturb anybody. Ryanokå nodded, lost in her own thoughts, not listening to a word he said.

"Hey, you alright ma Rya?.." he pulled her into his side, wrapping his arm around her shoulder to comfort her. She slipped back into reality suddenly. "I'm sorry ma Teyam.. I'm just tired today," she replied, her voice low. The young couple talked and laughed, as.  they walked through the village and along the beach. 

"We gonna go to the spirit tree, ma Rya?" he nudged her gently, "uhm, no not now, I think we should just head to the cot," she whispered, leaning into him. He nodded, before sweeping her up in his arms and carried her back to the cot where little Teyanokå slept soundly. The couple curled up in their nest and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

♥♥

The next morning Neteyam woke up to the small girl tugging on his hand. Her tiny digits pecked at him relentlessly. "Daddy, daddy wake up! Wake up!" she chunnered along endlessly until Neteyam finally agreed to get up. Ryanokå still lay beside him fast asleep, her hair was a mess and she was sprawled out like a starfish, but he left a small kiss on her forehead. "Won't be long, gorgeous.." he whispered, before being pulled out by Teya who was beaming with joy. Neteyam pulled her back inside quickly, "if were going out, we need to be ready,  hm?" Teya rolled her beautiful blue eyes but nodded agreeingly. Neteyam fixed her hair up into a braided bun, and. dressed her. He then lifted her up onto his shoulders, her small feet dangling against his chest. 

He strolled outside, and headed straight up to the. hammocks above. Barely anybody was out, and as they sat down high above, small words flowed from Teya's mouth that warmed Neteyam's heart. 

"Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart?.."

"You're my favourite daddy," 

"I am?."

"Yeah, when you're around the world is beautiful, and you make mommy happy. Grandma smiled really big when she sees you and Uncle Lo'ak told me you make everything bad go away. So you're my favourite." 

"Well, you're my favourite too, munchkin. But don't tell mommy because I think she'd like to be my favourite." 

The daddy and daughter sat like that for a good hour as the sun rose across the horizon. Neteyam thinking how wonderful it would be to have a big family, just like the one he grew up in. But for now, this was okay. He had his small family, and it was wonderful. Just the three of them, they were all happy. 

♥♥

Neteyam had dropped Teya off with Tsireya and Lo'ak, the three were going out on the ilus. The teenagers were going to be teaching Teya to hunt as she was now 6 years old, which was the typical hunting age. Neteyam strolled into the cot to find Rya on her hands and knees, tidying and sorting the cot out, trying to make it seem more organised, but having a 6 year old made it pretty much impossible. 

"What'cha doin'?" he chuckled, running his hand through her unbraided hair. It was long and jet black, rather wavy considering how thick it was. She chuckled softly, "tidying up, Teya makes this place a mess!." Neteyam thought she seemed to be in a decently good mood, and pulled her up onto the nest. He sat down beside her, and she gave him a questionable look. "I've..  got this idea right? And I think it's a good one."

She raised a glance, before nodding, "what is this so called brilliant idea exactly?" He laughed a little nervously. "Well.. we were young when we had Teya, and it was the best thing we ever did, so.. what about another kid? You know. I really want a big family.." Rya's smile quickly faded, and she just looked at him in silence. The quietness devoured them awkwardly, before Rya stood up and laughed nervously. "No, no I don't think so. Good joke though!" she continued tidying, and Neteyam looked at her, a feeling of confusion inside. "Rya, I'm-.. im not joking, come on! Another kid, wouldn't it be great,  a little baby, our family growing?" 

She turned her head looking at him, before looking at the ground. "What if I say yes?" she asked quietly. He chuckled slightly, "well then we have another kid and raise them,  together." She nodded slightly, Neteyam began thinking she was up for the idea. "And.. if I say no?" her voice now at a whisper, guilt overcoming her. 

"Well, if you say no then.. then I don't think I can do this with you anymore," he responded,  not noticing a slight harshness in his voice. She stood up,  "so what? you'd just find another mate, have a big happy family and leave me with Teya?!" He stood up, getting defensive. "Well, not exactly.. I wouldn't leave Teya, come on, she's my kid!" 

Rya's heart sunk to her stomach, the man she loved, threatening to take her daughter if she wasn't prepared to have another child. This wasn't a future she imagined, nor one she was prepared for. "You can't take her, Neteyam. You just can't!" she began raising her voice, panicking. "Then lets have a kid, what are you so afraid of?!" -- "I'm not afraid of anything! I don't want a big family, it might be your dream but it's not mine, and it never will be!" 

"So you're saying no?" he spat, rather angrily. "Yes, I can't do this." -- "Fine, you're call."  He glared at her,  before storming out.  He went straight over to Lo'ak and Tsireya, who were just about to go into the water, and grabbed Teya. 

"Neteyam? Something wrong, big bro?" Lo'ak laughed. Neteyam didn't speak a word, he just took Teyanokå and headed towards Neytiri and Jake's cot. Tsireya sighed, "I will go and see Ryanokå.." The two teenagers split, Tsireya walking into the cot to find Reya curled up at the back, crying her heart out. Tsireya couldn't get a word out of her, and it wasn't long before Ronal, Tonowari, Ao'nung and Neytiri were gathered around her. Neteyam had told his mother, and she had become enraged at his actions, unlike Jake who was impartial. Neytiri told the others the story, and while everyone gathered at Rya's side, Neteyam took off with Teyanokå, as people were already threatening to take the child. 

Rya looked up, seeing Neteyam's ikran in the air, and ran out, tears streaming down her face. She screamed with her heart, "TEYA! MY CHILD" Ronal grabbed her and wrapped her arms around her tightly, to which she sunk into her mother. "Ma Teya.." 

♥♥

Days, weeks and months passed, Rya was back in the same place she was when Neteyam had died, if not worse. Her mate and child gone with no clue as to where they were or when they would return. She lay in her cot, Tsireya constantly came in trying to cheer her up but nothing ever worked, she was simply numb. Tsireya walked in, and before she said anything, Rya spoke up. "Stop trying, leave me alone," 

"I just miss having you around, it's like you're someone else.." she replied, kneeling down near her. "I said fuck off, Tsireya." she rolled over, ignoring her, and Tsireya walked out quite upset. Rya had never felt so angry, and she didn't know how to deal with it. Ronal stormed through, "you get up, now. you stop wallowing in sadness, I don't care what you feel, you upset Tsireya, so now you will face the consequences."

"Fine, you want me to get up, fine. See? I'm up." Rya walked out, straight to the beach, and walked into the water. Before Tonowari could run to stop her, she had gotten on her ilu, and gone. Jake had apologised to Ronal and Tonowari many times, but they still hadn't accepted. any apology. "This is. your doing, Jake Sully. Your son has brought shame to my family, and may he bring shame to you."