joshua - 4

Woah.

As Kalani's tears soaked my t-shirt, I thought about what she just told me. She explained every detail,even ones I didn't exactly want to know. And I listened, I listened because I love her. Yeah, she'll never love me, and yeah, it hurts, but I'll listen to her. Anytime she wants me to.

"Josh?" I hear a small voice squeak, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look down at her. "Wait Josh!" She pushes away from me, running a hand through her hair. Gosh, she's beautiful. I hear the sound of shoes, clicking away.

Wait, no, she's leaving.

I know this isn't the first time she's left me, but I've never gotten used to it.

Every time she walks away, I hurts, like a stab square in the heart. A tear trickles down my cheek. Right before she walks out the door, she turns around and flips me off.

Well then. Not exactly what I was expecting.

I wipe the tear off my cheek, telling myself that I'm a 17 year old man, and I never cry. I am not fragile china, I'm a grown man. Telling myself this makes me want to cry. So I do.

I sob uncontrollably, right there in the middle of Starbucks. I'm probably attracting a lot of attention, but I don't care. Through my blurry tears, I see someone walking towards me. Kalani. Gosh this girl had major mood swings.

She sits down, and hugs me. "I'm sorry," she whispers.

---

what even is this chapter