Chapter 6- Trust (filler)

Frog- Cavetown

(Okay can we just appreciate how pretty that fanart is of Hunter-)

No One's POV

Y/n sat up, yawning, rubbing their tired eyes. They ran a hand through their h/l h/c hair, they looked over and saw a sleeping blonde snoring, cuddling himself. How did he do this? Simple. Be a bad but sad boy and wrap yourself in your own arms. Y/n smiled to themselves. They looked to their left and saw a spider crawling on a stick. This gave them an idea.

Hunter opened his eyes slowly, choking a bit on his own snore. But the first face he was met with was not one anyone would want to see for the first awakening.

The spider hissed. Hunter yelled in fear, scooting away as fast as he could, his back hitting the trunk of the tree. Y/n bawled their eyes out laughing.

"WHAT THE FUCK-", Hunter screamed.
"BAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAA!!!! WOW! THE GOLDEN GUARD, BELOS's RIGHT HAND MAND IS SCARED OF THE ITSY BITSY SPIDER-"

(I can't blame Hunter though, I have arachnaphobia lmao)

"WHAT THE HELL- wow, the chances of me actually growing a liking to you has just dropped to -10", Hunter crossed his arms and huffed.
"Aweee, you actually considered liking me", Y/n smiled with a sense of tease.
"Yeah well, not anymore"
"Oh fuck off"

Y/n could've sworn they heard a slight chuckle from the blonde. They quickly looked over at him, he had a small grin while looking directly at them. But Hunter noticed Y/n looking at him and quickly looked away, wiping away his toothed smile.

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed, kinda sad Hunter hides his smile a lot. The tooth gap suits him very well.

"Well, the fog still hasn't cleared up and we're definitely going to get lost if we continue now. So how about we just stay here?", Y/n suggested, pointing to the clouded forest floor below them.
"I uhh... wouldn't mind that", Hunter mumbled. "I mean uh— sure! Whatever", he shouted this time.
Y/n raised their eyebrows and slowly nodded. Soon, they sat down right next to Hunter. Almost leaning against him while playing with their fingers.

"So... how long have you been in the Emperor's coven?", Y/n asked.
"Oh we're doing a Q&A now", Hunter sneered.
"Shut up and answer the damn question"
Hunter sighed with a grumble, "I've been in the coven as long as I can remember, I grew up in the castle. I don't know what happened to my parents or if I even have any, but my life's purpose belongs to the coven and to Emeperor Belos. How long have you been apart of the BATS?"
"Same as you I guess... I don't know what happened to my parents either, but I don't really care. Raine found me and raised me, Theyve been my parental figure ever since. Taught me how to play instruments or use bard magic. Some of the others whom didn't come until later... they taught me self defense and how to fight. And Katya well... she taught me about good fanfictions"
"Fanfictions?"
"You wouldn't know"

Hunter seemed to be playing with his hands, his hair being ruffled up slightly by the wind.

"You seem a lot more calm than when we first met", y/n snickered. "Maybe you have grown attached to me"
"Possibly, but we've only known eachother for about two days. So don't start wondering things about my feelings towards you"
"Damn"
"What?"
"I think I just got rejected"
"Oh fuck off"

Hunter and Y/n both chuckled at their little game of banter. Yes, it's true, only two days have passed since they've known eachother.

"Hey, Hunter?", Y/n asked trying to get the golden guard's attention.
"Yeah?", he answered, turning his head to Y/n to see what they were going to ask.
"What did you mean 'you couldn't do magic'?"

Hunter sighed sadly, "I'm I guess what you would call a powerless witch"
"But you're the Golden Guard-"
"The artificial staff and Flapjack gave me magic. Without them, I'm useless", he bowed his head down.
"You're not useless"
"Stop lying"
"No! I'm serious!", Y/n sat up, staring directly at the blonde. "You're very strong, I mean, if you were powerless and useless, why would Belos assign you as his right hand man? And! We've made it two days, well, that's not a very long time— but what I'm trying to say is that we haven't died yet!"

Hunter's lips curved into a smile which brought y/n to smile themselves.

"Hey! You actually smile!" Y/n grinned.
"What?! Hey! I've smiled before!", Hunter defended.
"Yeahhh, but like, you always hide it right after. Especially the tooth smiles"

Hunter slowly brought a hand up to his mouth, his tooth gap was the reason he hated his smile...

"Is it your tooth gap?", Y/n asked.
Hunter looked down sadly, and lowered his hand. He noticed himself slowly nodding.
"Awe, nah, your tooth gap adds to your character! Suits you very well too, and plus, it looks good"

Hunter blushed a tiny bit, eyes widened. This earned a smile from Y/n.

"T-thanks", he stuttered.

Y/n started fidgeting with their hands before speaking up, "hey, I was right before. Even if you are magicless, that doesn't make you powerless. You're still strong, even without your dumb staff. And don't listen to Belos if he says otherwise"
"Y'know... you're not as bad as people said you were- I thought the mighty Bard Owl theif would be a cold hearted soul but...I guess they were wrong"

Y/n and Hunter stared at eachother with a smile for a moment before Hunter pointed out, "hey! The fog is clearing up! C'mon! Before it starts up again!"

972 words!

Short chapter again so I apologies! But Y/n and Hunter's friendship is progressing more and their trust is becoming stronger. I'm sorry but this story might be a slow burn but not too slow! They've only known eachother for about 2 days now sooo

Aight! BAIII!