Chapter 1

Let's starttt

------

"Y/N, keep your stance, I don't want another dog that disobeys my orders."

Aki said, he then proceeds to slice the Devil in half, signaling the end of their training session. Y/N sighs and puts her blade away and proceeds to walk away from the field  Leaving all the rewards for Aki to collect, Y/N doesn't really care for the bounty she'll receive, she just enjoys the thrill of executing Devils and keeping the people safe, she heads for headquarters and walks to Makima's office to report her training session. Y/N knocks on the door softly, before hearing someone mutter a come in, it didn't sound like Makima so Y/N immediately comes in.

--- Y/N POV ---

I open the door  and walk in, only to find Power and Denji here. 

"Where's Makima~San..?" 

"Ehhh? The red head is off somewhere but we don't know where. I assume you're here to report your training session with Aki~Sensei?"

I nod my head and sit down on Makima's desk, something only I have the privilege to do. I was so tired, and the fact that I'm lacking sleep these days is making my condition worse, I was sick but I didn't tell Makima to not bother her from work. Devils had been increasing in numbers these past few days  so we always had to work overtime. I gaze over to Power and Denji who were arguing again. The door opens and everything goes silent, only the sound of the door slamming shut resounded in the confines of Makima's office. I didn't bother looking up, I was too tired and sleepy for this shit.

"Get off my desk Y/N." 

Makima's cold voice echoed in my ears, I get off her desk as told, but as quickly as that, my vision blurs and darkens. I felt weak in my knees and before I knew it, I collapsed onto the floor out of exhaustion. 

~A few hours later~

My eyes flutter open gently, I look up to see Makima reading a novel she held in her left hand, while her right hand was threading through my hair. I slightly move and that alerted her she gazes down towards me and smiles a bit.

"Love, why didn't you tell me that you were sick..?"

"I didn't want to bother you-"

A coughing fit interrupts me, I sit up immediately and clasp a hand over my mouth while my other one clutches my stomach. Red stains my uniform as I take my hand off my mouth, a scared expression paints my face as I gaze at my bloody hand.

"O-Okasan..."

Makima stands up and faces me, she saw the blood trickle down my mouth and gets worried immediately. My face shows discomfort as she gently grabs my hand, squeezing it a bit. I whine as she lets go of my hand and kissed my forehead gently.

"I'll call a doctor okay? We'll go home and I'll call in sick so I can take care of you. If you ever get worse, then we'll go to the hospital. I won't take no for an answer."

I nod and I just let her drag me around, all the way to parking lot, she gets me into the car and after that, I pass out again.

~Over two hours later~

I wake up again, but not in Makima's arms, but rather, in my room, in her home. I then hear the door open, I gaze over to the doorway to see Makima, carrying a bowl of something, didn't really look anything like soup, must be water, considering she also had a washcloth draped over one of her arms.

"Oh, puppy, you're awake. You've been knocked out for a while."

I whimper a bit, she then proceeds beside me and dunks the washcloth in the bowl of water and then gently places it on my forehead after squeezing the excess water out. She then proceeds to get off my bed and left again. The room went quiet then the door was opened again. Someone in white and Makima walks in. The presumably doctor checks on my situation, gave Makima a paper a few minutes later, exchanged words I couldn't understand because they were too advanced for my level of speaking, then left.

"Did you hear what the doctor said? You need to be in bed for a few days, your body is growing unhealthy and tired. Be honest with me, Y/N. Have you gotten sleep these past few days?"

I shake my head no and she kisses my forehead.  

"Good puppy, thank you for being honest, I'll let you rest for now." 

And with that Makima left. I smile a bit before falling into slumberland again.

~A few days later~  

I was in Makima's office, while she worked,  she wouldn't let me out of her sight and I was getting kinda bored. I was drawing on some paper she lent me and the paper was slowly getting filled a little too much. 

"Okasan-" 

"No. I'm not letting you outside, nor giving you my phone, I've already gotten enough viruses and I don't want to reformat my phone every single time." 

I sigh at my failed attempt to do something else. Her manipulative attitude can get in the way of my fun sometimes...

"What if I'm under Aki~Sama's supervision?" 

"Still no. You're staying here. And that is final." 

I made my way to her bathroom in her office, I close and lock the door. I gaze at the window, I think I can fit in there... I get on top of the toilet and jump out, using my devil arts to make my fall safer, and quiet. I was a ninja back then, and a sword devil. So my skills on being quiet and quick were an asset of mine. I run at a building and quickly scale it up, I was on the rooftops and was now walking around. I quickly spot a familiar pair of red horns, I run up to Power and hug her tightly. 

"Eh?! Oh it's just you. Hi." 

"Hi!!"

I said with a small smile. 

"Eh? Y/N~San? What are you doing out of Makima~San's office??" 

"Don't tell her I got out. Please I don't want to be on the receiving end of her disciplinary measures." 

I suddenly feel something clip around my neck, and something cold graze against my nape. I feel it getting lightly tugged on.

"Come on Y/N, I just want to save you. Let's go, I'll tell Makima that you went to the bathroom and saw me calling for you, I'll take half the blame for you, m'kay?" 

Aki said, I nod and we went off. We reach Makima's office, Aki did everything for me and knocked and opened the door gently. We walk in and were met with a murderous gaze. 

"How did you get out?"

She coldly asked. Aki looked straight into her patterned eyes. 

"She was in the bathroom, she saw me calling for her, and decided to jump out, I also take half the blame. She said she was getting kinda bored so we went for a very short walk, I did have her on a loose leash so she couldn't get away, then again, she wouldn't or her neck would definitely get bruised."

I nod to Aki's statement. Makima sighs and then puts her pen down, propping her arm on her elbow and gently rested her chin on top of her palm. 

"Next time Aki, tell me when you're taking her, I nearly had a heart attack."

"Sorry again, Makima~San..."

Me and Aki said at the same time.

"Go ahead, you can take her, she did say she was bored right? Just keep her safe, call me when something happens."

Makima said. Aki nods and we went off. I sigh in relief that she let us go that easily. Maybe next time, we can just go and tell Makima what happened...

------

Okay, first chappie done!