Night I

Mia has always had a very vivid imagination. She allows it to almost consume her with a mixture of anxiety and depression. It has gotten so bad lately that she can't exist within her own house without a nightlight on at all times in every room. Mia is not known for having many friends or family around.

"Alright..." Mia states as she gets home from her normal nightshift job at the local gas station, exhausted as always, "... Time to finally kick back and relax." Mia hangs up her apron and makes her way to the kitchen, where she nukes a frozen dinner. A noise can be heard from the living room and Mia freezes. All of this sudden, bursts of images and unfathomable scenarios begin rushing through her mind. Mia panics and ducks behind the counter, the sound of the microwave going off from her finished food followed by twenty minutes of silence fills the apartment before she finally decides to move. ".. h-hello?" Mia slowly and carefully builds up the courage to peak her head around the corner where she sees, "... The remote?" The remote had fallen off the side of the couch and hit the table, probably just a coincidence, or so Mia thought.

"The remote?!" Mia says laughing as she eats her nuked food in her room. "Ugh I really need to ask Dr. Henry to up my anxiety meds..." Mia finishes her food for the evening as it wraps up. She stretches as the room begins to fill with the usual darkness and figures being seen out of the corner of her eyes. She shakes and twitches as they get closer and whisper things she cannot fathom right before she stops moving and drifts to sleep. The figures, of course, have dissipated by morning. Mia stretches and yawns as she gets out of bed. *THUNK* "what the..?" The downstairs remote fell out of her bed. "... How...? I must have forgot-" Mia freezes and her heart begins throbbing within her as her eyes gaze to the opposite side of the room. ".. oh- oh God... How...?" The nightlight on the opposite side of the room had burnt out. Mia slowly and almost scripted stands as she quickly opens her bedside drawer and takes out a half empty box of new light bulbs. She turns to face the burnt out light quickly and makes her way over to it, making sure to stay within the light from the others. "A-almost... There..." Mia changes the lightbulb as if she had done it her whole life. "There..." She lets out a sigh of relief.