Part I

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ Heavy eyes slowly opened as the sensation of droplets hit the body. It was raining. Her thick Ruby hair was drenched as were her clothes, making it very difficult to see. Her hair was heavy too, which didn't help much with being able to see. But she managed.

Sayaka looked around her surroundings. Lots of lights, many people with umbrellas. But she didn't recognize a single face, or even a location that she was in. She tried to recall what had just previously happened, but it was impossible. She only remembered the feeling of sheer willpower allowing her to keep pressing on for something despite an ill feeling creeping up on her. Trying to remember gave her a sharp pain in her head, so she didn't bother. For now, she had to find shelter.

Most of the places were closed. But that made sense, it was nearly 3 in the morning, based on what a clock inside someone's shop window said. Coming across a bar, it looked like the safest place to stay. At least this is what Sayaka thought, by looking through the window. Now, she just had to find a way in ...

—————— 🥃

June 5th ; 20XX
2:56 am

A sigh came from the bartender as she wiped down the bar. The final guest left drunk as usual and the woman was left in peace. It was a long day at her bar, Crossroads, and she was honestly exhausted. Just when she thought she'd have some peace, too, she heard some sort of shuffling in the back.

" Oh, that better not be Ohya trying to snag any more liquor in the back. " The bartender's voice was raspy as she spoke to herself, and would put down the rag before heading for the back rooms. She grumbled to herself inaudible things, most likely about the woman she mentioned. However, upon opening the door to the back, her eyes were met with a stranger ; and it seemed that the stranger's eyes also met that of the owner.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" GET OUT - SCRAM ! " the woman shouted, only scaring the red haired girl into a shaking fright. She seemed to be frozen in place, literally trembling in fear. After a moment to assess the situation, Lala sighed. She didn't mean to make an innocent person shake in their boots. She would try again, this time with a more calm tone " Look, I'm sorry. You just can't be here - it ain't safe. "
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
The relaxed voice would allow the girl to stop trembling, but she was still silent.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" Can you speak ? "
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Silence.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" Alright ... My name is Lala Escargot, " the woman said, " I own this bar. Are you in need of a home ? "
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
The girl would nod her head. Lala gave her a motherly smile in hopes to calm her. Though, she wasn't sure she could keep the girl here.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" Okay ... are you hungry ? "
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Another nod.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" Alright. Come with me, missy. "
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Lala would guide the girl to the bar, before rummaging around to see what sorts of bar snacks there were still left over. She found something and slid it over to the silent girl. It appeared to be something fried, but Sayaka doesn't know what.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
" I hope this is good enough, " Lala said, " it's nori ten. ''
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
As the girl began to eat, Lala would look her over. She didn't have anything on her person - literally, she wore either a very long shirt or a very short dress, which was fuchsia, and some black stockings. Her hair appeared unkempt and incredibly red, and her eyes were also red, but differed from her hair. She was obviously malnourished and had various scratches and bruises along her shoulders and by her collarbone. She looked tired, like she hadn't gotten good sleep in weeks. She was also a lot tanner than natives of Japan, and she had freckles ... lots of freckles on her face and shoulders. She was definitely foreign.
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
After her observations, Lala walked off about a foot or two to get some water, placing it in front of her, next to the food.