Chapter 3 - Wild & Free

"If you despite my existence, I hold no grudge. But I protect those precious to me, I will make no promises."

We walked 10 kilometres into our territory before Blake decided that it was too dark to continue. I collected firewood whilst Blake looked for anything to start the fire with, once the fire was lit and ambers flicked up to the sky. We sat in silence at first, many questions went through my head, I didn't know where to start or what to ask first. I finally found the confidence to speak up.

"What happened when I left?" I asked, looking at the ground.

"Well, your mother went into labour 5 days after you had been kidnapped. She had a boy, she named him Travis. Your dad however didn't take your disappearance to well, he organised a search party and disappeared for a whole week, when he returned he said that they had tracked you down to a sale yards 4 hours away from here and then they lost you. He never gave up, just recently he had though. He finally came to the conclusion that he would never find you again." Blake went quiet.

"I'm a sister?" I murmured.

"Not really. Blake mumbled. "Brady Cellos came in 5 years ago and tried to kidnap your brother, instead one of his hunters fired a gun, in which your brother jumped in front of your dad. He... Didn't make it."

I went quiet, half of my questions were now answered. I sighed. If I was here I could have saved him.

"What about your dad?" I asked, images flashed through my mind.

"He died not long after you had left." Blake sighed, watching the fire.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled to him before curling up against the tree.

My vision flickered, my eyes opening at any strange sound. A breeze had soon came which made me shiver. The fire must have gone out for at one point Blake had shifted and had curled up around me and acted as a wind barrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the sound of scuffling feet, my eyes adjusting the brightness of the morning sun, it took me a while to adjust but when I did my heart froze. I looked at the scene that appeared in front of me, the hunters had pinned Blake against a tree. They hadn't noticed that I had woken, taking the chance I began to climb the tree. I didn't know what would happen from there, all I knew was that something told me to get off the ground. I moaned as I pulled myself up on a branch that was low enough for me to see but tall enough so that it would give me time to continue the climb if someone followed me up. Blake smirked at the very sight, I waved to him and he waved back. The hunters turned and immediately their shoulders dropped.

"Who's going up there to get her?" One of them asked as they walked over to the base of the tree.

"I hate heights." One of them admitted.

"I can't climb." Another one said, trying to get out of it.

Blake tried not to laugh but couldn't help himself.

"Will someone shut him up!" The first man gritted his teeth. "We don't want to be caught."

Two men walked over to Blake, one knees him in the ribs the other punching his face. Blake moaned, hanging his head low. I was tempted to go down and see if he was okay, but something told me to stay and told me that everything would be fine. I shook my head, am I going crazy? Am I just hearing things? No, I'm not crazy. I don't think I am anyway. I sighed at the very conversation.

"She has to come down at some point. When she does we will be waiting." Another one shrugged before sitting at the base of the tree.

"He's right." One nodded before leaning against the tree.