Chapter 25•Ishya

The first POV chapter right from our Ishya.

~Meet you on the other end.

***

He looked at my eyes, searching for the words I conveyed in the silence. He snapped his fingers right in front of my eyes, "Everything fine?"

My eyes darted sideways only to check on Aira who was studying me with so much of confusions, "Well... Yes."

"Good! So haven't you got a bed or just wandering?"

"I... Exploring."

Aira shifted her body to the other side, "But this is my area, young lady."

"I am sorry..."

Avyaan cut through, "You need not be." He turned to her, "Aira! You know... She is here for the first time."

A carriage came in. The very same carriage that had brought Trithi and immediately the horses rose to a height as they halted under the flaming Sun. The clouds moved aside and the wind was warm, flickering the situation.

Avyaan doubted, "Who is in it?"

"Shall I check, next Chief  alchemist?" I ominously put forward but she covered up, "No! It's my personal one, don't trouble yourself."

But I still had the feeling that she had managed to smuggle some other soul to either experiment or torture in the name of finding a solution to break the curse. Obviously, she wasn't trying for it but to win the Draco saga.

"Ishi!" Pari's call echoed in the atmosphere as she was calling from the balcony, "Ishya!"

I suddenly looked up in concern. Pari had a clear view of everything happening down and she smiled, "Morning! You are awake early. By the way, any help needed?"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Morning! Come down, you ought to stay with me."

She nodded respectfully with mischief in her eyes. Avyaan denied, "I guess you better rest. You have lost a day's sleep."

"You too have," I reminded playfully.

Pari shouted, "Ishi! Your..."

I didn't look up, "What is it, Pari?"

"Your aunt, Ishi!"

Avyaan whispered, "Trithi?"

I stared at her. At her alone. "Where?"

"In that same carriage," she informed.

I heard Avyaan calming himself, "Chief alchemist had come back."

What was Aira up to? I walked up to the carriage, pulling the curtains away only to see Trithi. Her eyes sullen, body weakened, face wrinkled, hands shivering and there was no life in her. No smile in her face. No warmth of the dancing alchemy in her fingers. 

Avyaan came closer, stopping behind me, he lost a step and there someone caught him. A sturdy and well-structured handsome young lad, just of his age in a fit clothing held him and they looked at each other assuring in the best way. They looked more than siblings. May be a bond like that of mine and Pari. She, a fire girl and me, yet figuring out. Pari was just on time, joining me to help Trithi step out. She held her palm straight to hide behind the sunlight. She walked in fear of someone, her eyes affixed on Aira. The guards ran over, helping her settle. I and Pari moved back. Avyaan called out, "Aira! Can I know what she is doing in your carriage, in your personal carriage?"

The lad near him placed a hand over his shoulder, "Not now. We have a discussion to continue."

Aakruthi called out, "Aira! Can I get you?"