𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐓𝐒

TW! MENTION OF SUICIDE

you slowly open your eyes as you stirr awake, wondering where you are.

"wha- where am I-?" You asked yourself in a hushed tone. You look around lying in an unfamiliar bedroom, a glass of water next to the bed.

"Ah Y/n i see you're finally awake, poor Qiqi carried you the whole way here - you were passed out on the floor of the Pharmacy." You looked around seeing Baizhu sitting on a chair holding book in his hand, and Qiqi asleep on the couch opposite to him. He stood up and grabbed the glass of water and handed it you you. 

"I-I'm sorry I- I don't remember what happened in detail... only some purple mist surrounding the pharmacy and someone whipsering '𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧' I-I-m sorry i won't leave the pharmacy unsecured behind ever again-" 

"y/n its fine you passed out because of an attack- how were you supposed to lock the pharmacy? Qiqi was there 8.30 p.m  you have nothing to worry about she checked if everything was there"

You sat up and gave Baizhu a hug, which he gladly returned. "it was so silent.. i felt like something was watching me before i passed out.." you mumbled into his shoulder. 

.

.

.

You got ready for work again, feeling completely empty. You always had some days where you felt down - but this time, you were drained. Today it was crafting day - which meant high conzentration. Baizhu was so nice to take over the last few hours of you, so you can get rest earlier. you grabbed the ingredients and started making some potions. You were always skilled in alchemy. Even back then in Khaenri'ah, you were one of the only people that were able to use Khemia, also known as Blood Magic. You smile at the memories, wishing for nothing more but the pain of the curse to end and go back to your homeland. But you knew it was impossible, Khaenri'ah was destroyed. Forever.

Your shift ended and you decided to go to the city and go to a restaurant. as you made your way to Wanmins, you saw Lumine and Paimon. You stopped your tracks, admiring Lumine from afar. She was looking so gorgeous, back then she always was praised to be the prettiest. Staring a little to long she turned around and waved at you. With a blush on your face you waved back - hoping she would shrug it of and continue to go wherever she was going, but she ran to your direction.

"Greetings Y/n!! Where are you headed to, and, would you mind if we acomplish you?" she asked. You told her about your plan and you two went to the restaurant. You ordered some fried raddish balls, and lumine some jade parcels. For some reasons your apetite was low. You weren't really in the mood for eating or anything. You continued to listen to Lumines storys, as a sudden you felt a wave of exhaust and sadness wash over you. Your face darkened and you began thinking. Not even noticing Lumine left, leaving a bit of money on the table. You sighed and told the waiter you wanted to pay and left.

Upon reaching your apartment you refuse calling home, youchanged into your night fighting attire and pulled your hood over your hair. You jumped out of the window using your Anemo Vision to boost you into the sky. Gliding towards the Wangshu inn. On the way you saw some abbysmages on a mountain. Using your Elemental skill you gave yourself another boost and landed right behind them. Two Pyro abyss mages. With ease you took them out, using your burst to pick them up and slam them to the floor. As you were about to finish them, a boy slashed them. He looked at you - he had a weird mask on.

"what are you doing here at this time? By the way you look you look like trouble." He snarked at me. "I- I don't even know to be honest. I just came here to kill these Mages and to enjoy the view" You answered as you sat down, feet dangeling down the cliff. "Alright i suppose, dont fall down." He said as he turned around. "Wait! Whats your name?" You asked quickly. "Xiao." He said and dispersed in air. What a weird occurance. He sure got your Interest. You continued to enjoy the view. As sudden thoughts entered your mind. The pain of the curse was getting stronger day by day. You knew you won't have much time left. The burning sensation would soon reach your heart. You looked down seeing how high up you actually were. 

'One jump and my pain would be gone huh- What no i can't do this- I promised her to find a cure.. But.. How am i supposed to find one?' you sighed as you stood up. It was time to go back. But you decided to walk. Admiring the beauty of the land of the Geo archon. You knew who he was - you were somewhat friends with him. Small droplets started falling out of the air. It will start raining soon, and you still weren't home. You stopped your tracks. Looking up from your feet to see a lively Liyue Harbour. Lights illuminating from the City, faint music being heard from the locals. Seeing children play with their toys, happy looks on their faces. 

Oh how I wished to be that happy ever again.. the dread to feel the ecastic feeling. It started to pour by now, your clothes where completely soaked as you put your hood off. letting the wind play with your now wet hair. You smiled at the feeling - twirling around in it as you started to feel better. You had so many memories with the rain, good and bad ones. But you always found comfort in it. Most Khaenri'ahn's hated the rain because the Field Tillers would get defected or damaged - or well the older ones would. 

Sighing you made your way into the city, most shops closing by the time you arrived - only faint street light showing you the way back to your house. As you came back home you took of your clothes and hopped in the shower, letting the cold water rinse your body. You were making yourself bedready when you heard a knock on the door. You quickly ran and opened the door to reveal Qiqi and Baizhu, you told them to come in and sit down while you brewed some tea and got some cookies. They made themselves comfy on your couch, and you placed the treats on the coffee table.

"So Y/n me and Qiqi are very concerned about you. You seem so liveless compared to your usual mood." He stated as Qiqi nodded in agreement. You sighed and sat down opposite of them and tried to explain again what happened yesterday. Qiqi ran up to you and gave you a hug, "It must have been scary, i'm sorry Qiqi left N/n" You were shocked. "wh-What did you just call me kid?" 

Qiqi repeated the name and your gaze softened as you hugged her tightly. No one called you that in a long time. Baizhu just looked at you two with a warm smile on his face, he was happy to see you two like that - you never were a person for physical touch.

You three chatted for a while, cooked dinner together and played family games. But soon they had to leave. 

"wait Baizhu- I have to talk to you about something. The traveller asked me a while ago if i would like to go on an expedition in the chasm with her.. we'd be leaving in a few days" You said quick and painful. A worried look on your face - not being ready to hear his reaction and response. "I- The Chasm?? It sure is a very dangerous place my Dear.. are you sure?" You nodded at his question, he sighed "I mean if thats what you want but.. me and Qiqi will miss you, i will give you vacation for the next month - so prepare for the trip please. I won<'t be able to bear loosing you" he said as he grabbed your hand.

With tears in eachothers eyes you hugged eachother, as if this was already your last goodbye. They left your Apartment, leaving you alone and finally ready to sleep. You buried yourself in the blanket drifting off to a long sleep

.

.

.

'DAIN!!'

.

.

.

You woke up sweating, a bad dream haunted you again last night. Shakingly you went to your bathroom, looking in the mirror. Your hand reaches to the scar on your right chin. As the nightmare replayed again and again. Turning on the water you splashed your face, washing the tears of your face. You quickly got dressed and left your house to farm some materials you needed for the trip.

.

.

.

.

HEYYYYY HOW ARE MY LOVELY 4 READERS SO FAR?? I'M SO HAPPY RN- I JUST POSTED THE FIRST CHAP 2 HOURS AGO AND I HAVE 4 READERRSSS TYY!!!

MAYBE ANOTHER CHAPTER WILL COME OUT TODAY BUT I DONT RLLY THINK SO-

PROBABLY TMR!!! ANYWAYS

EAT, DRINK AND SLEEP PLEASE!! TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!! BYEEEEE