Chapter 16 - the royal garden

The moon was high up on the night sky and all seemed so quiet in the palace. It has been a few days in the palace with Stolas and Blitzø and things was still a bit awkward but things was also happening.

"You sure you can manage to walk out here?" Blitzø held Stolas hand and looked up at him.

Stolas looked down at the concerned imp and smiled, "yes I'm fine Blitz".

Bliz, he haven't used his name like that in a long time. It would always be one of the other nicknames but never Blitz..

Blitzø stood quiet for a few minutes, it was just the two of them in the garden alone.

"I don't remember asking but were you really there? Every day?" Stolas asked him.

"Where?" He got confused,

"At the hospital, with me" Stolas clarified.

Blitzø was there every night and day waiting, hoping for Stolas to wake up. The only time he left was when he went to kill Striker, but that was for the best and he had too.

"Yea, I was there every night and day. Waiting for ya bird ass to wake up" he laughed a little with a tiny blush on his face. Somehow stolas was just so beautiful under the moon light.

Stolas was flattered by Blitzø, he was there for him even though he didn't notice but he was there. 

"I guess our story has been rather strange, we met as little kids and then suddenly a decade after but sometimes in between" Stolas were trying to get an answer out of Blitzø, he knew his part but it was clearly something about Blitzø's part that bothered him.

"Yea, I guess stuff happened" Blitzø lowered his tone.

Stolas stopped up and placed a hand on Blitzø's chin and turned him to face him, "it's alright Blitz, you can tell me you know"

Blitzø didn't know what he say, he wanted to but he didn't know if he could take it. "Thanks but I'll pass" he smiled up at him.

Stolas nodded, he wouldn't force Blitzø to do something he felt uncomfortable with.

"Blitz, I have to tell you something" Stolas exhaled, they sat down at a bench In the garden.

"Yea?" Blitzø stuttered, he was scared that he confessed his feelings, that they wouldn't be the same as his.

Stolas looked up at the moon and started to talk, "I do actually remember what happened right before I was shot, what what went through my mind"

Blitzø's eyes widened, "you do?"

Stolas nodded and continued, "when Striker held me hostage I knew what he was gonna do, I knew he was going to make you choose. And when the moment came and you didn't choose it hit me. I had to make a sacrifice. I- I thought that you would just be better off without me.. I knew you didn't feel the same way as I did for you so it was no point."

Blitzø went completely quiet after that. It was all because of their last stupid conversation, because he had to distance himself right then and made Stolas belive he didn't love him.

"It was all my fault.... If I hadn't been so distant or said those stupid words in our last argument. It wouldn't happen. It's all my fucking fault" Blitzø's head fell into his hands and his eyes teared up, but he didn't want Stolas to see him cry.

Stolas looked down at him and could feel all his regret, "what- no blitz"

"Yes! It's all my fault cause I was being so distant and I fucked up!" Blitzø suddenly turned up to face Stolas with tears down his chin, "and I won't do the same fucking mistake again! I swear. Because-" Blitzø stopped bit and started to stutter. "Because I- I-, Stolas I-" he shook his head to get his shit together and just fck spill it.