Jake 13

Her brother takes her over to the dance floor and they start to dance.  They have obviously done this many times before.

Mix and Di get up to join them.

Brian gives me a flat stare.

"I didn't know."  I defend myself.

His eyes glance at my date, Rinda.  "Doesn't matter.  That door is open now."  He gets up and walks over to the dance floor and cuts in on Ryan and Riley.

Her brother gets himself a drink and comes back to our table.

"Let's dance."  I tell my date.  I head directly for Brian and Riley and we dance next to them until the song changes.  "Switch partners."  I insist when the music slows.

"I don't think so, asshole."  Brian insists and pulls Riley in tight.

I am standing still in the middle of the dance floor, watching him take her away.  I don't even notice Ryan come and take my date to dance.

I swallow and walk slowly back to our table and sit down.

"What happened Morrow?  Lose something?"  O'Connor's snide question slides right over me.  "Question is, which one?"

"Shut up."

"If it were me, I'd still bang the one you brought tonight."

"I said shut up!"

Di gets in Kegan's face.  "That fake blond is nothing compared to Riley!  Don't you bash my friend!"

Kegan holds up both hands in surrender as the dancers come back to the table.

"I'll get you something to drink, Riley.  What do you want?"  Brian asks.