3 - old, dusty, crusty, musty

haneul never thought she'd work at a library. she always imagined herself working at an arcade, maybe even as a lifeguard but here is she now at a boring, quiet library.

her mother had been nagging for a while, telling haneul to go out and do something productive with her life—apparently learning kpop choreographies in her room didn't exactly count as productive.

haneul disagrees.

so here she is now, sitting at the front desk of an old, dusty library chewing gum and focusing on making big bubble gums while occasionally going "shhh."

haneul groaned. this wasn't how she planned her weekend. yoongi, taehyung and jungkook were probably at the arcade right now fresh out of the movie theater.

the old door to the library opened, haneul kept chewing her gum throwing an uninterested glance at whatever loser was walking into this old ass library.

holy shit fuck

her widened eyes must be playing games on her because there, in all his glory, was jimin walking in with his dork friends.

he was, once again, laughing at something hoseok had said. namjoon, who haneul recognized for being a top five rank student was by his side and next to him was seokjin who she actually knew nothing about. just his pretty face.

haneul ducked and cursed. how could she allow jimin to see her in such old, dusty, crusty, musty library? to make things worse she was an employee at said old, dusty, crusty, musty library.

"excuse me," said a voice behind her.

curse you kim namjoon.

haneul pretended to grab a book from under the desk where she was awkwardly ducking. before turning around she plastered her usual cheeky grin. if she was going to be seen here, she might as well be the prettiest, youngest and definitely not musty librarian.

"oh hi, welcome! how can i help you?" haneul was dying in the inside once she saw jimin was right next to namjoon. they both now wore shocked expressions and haneul resisted the urge to duck back down and sob uncontrollably.

"oh uh.." namjoon cleared his throat, a relaxed expression back on his face. jimin stayed frozen though. "i came to return this and hopefully check out some other books, if that's okay?"

haneul smiled and reached for the books. "of course, no problem. can i have your library card please?"

what? haneul might not be the most enthusiastic about her job but best believe she will get the job done correctly. plus, looking at it in the most positive way she could, this was just another way to see jimin.

she just looked very lame at a front desk of an old, dusty, crusty, musty library.

"ah, yes one second." he patted the sides of his pockets, elbowing jimin in the process who finally, much to namjoon's relief, snapped out of his puppy eye trance. "here you go." namjoon's hand shook as he handed the card to haneul.

it's not that he was scared of the girl. pfft no.

just incredibly intimidated.

but having jimin by his side brought some relief to him knowing how whipped the girl was for his shorter friend.

haneul cringed as her fingertips touched the slightly dusty keyboard.

old ass computer monitor too wtf

she felt like those disney channel cocky hacker characters. "and we're in." she said in her mind.

man my brain needs to stfu

after scanning namjoon's card, she saw he had quite the book history in this library. she scanned the four books one by one seeing the titles of the books highlight in the computer as she did.

she ran out of books but there was still one title left and she was not about to try to pronounce that in front of jimin. "it seems that you still have a book checked out, are you still reading it? would you like me to extend your time with it?"

"what? no" namjoon frowned. "there was—one, two, three, four... oh."

haneul sat there awkwardly, not wanting to be part of the conversation. "oh, um.."

"AH. it must be in the car, i'll be back." and just like that he was gone.

jimin stood there, face blushing. he looked down at his shoes with the library's ugly carpet as background.

omgomgomg what do i say. she must think im a loser coming here to this old, dusty, cru—

his thoughts were interrupted by a little tap on the desk in front of him.

he looked up to see haneul, usual smirk on her face as she was handing out a lollipop to him. a cherry lollipop. his favorite.

his eyes widened, not really knowing how to act. he cursed at himself, he had asked her for a math problem earlier this week and now he could not even make eye contact.

"here. you seem nervous." he heard her say.

his face burned and he looked down again.

"oh, don't hide now. you're not even taking my gift?" she teased and he looked up to see her smile soften.

jimin's reached for the sweet, touching her hand in the process.

he was internally screaming.

she was internally screaming too.

"t-thank you, haneul. these are my favorite." he managed to say.

"i know. i always keep them on me just in case."

jimin thought he might cry.

I KNOW. I KNOW. i'm a terrible author.
did i not update for year? well no. haha
am i back? hell yeaaaaa. LISTEN LISTEN. i unintentionally did abandon this book but i'll try my best to get back on track. pls forgive me im so sorry i love u bye 😜