Sons and Daughters

and i'll build a fire you fetch the water and i'll lay the table

Kassiani Spade's beauty was a double-edged sword. It won her the 72nd Hunger Games, but it also reduced her to a mere object in the eyes of the Capitol. President Snow, the master puppeteer, saw her as nothing more than a tool to be exploited for his own gain. By the time the 73rd Hunger Games came around, Kassiani was a shadow of her former self, a hollow vessel for the whims of the Capitol. Smile? Wave? Entertain guests? She did it all, with no agency or purpose beyond survival.

Luxen Cohen was different. He was born to be a tribute, and he had trained his whole life for the honor. He thought he was ready for anything the Games could throw at him but he never anticipated Kassiani Spade. In her, he found a spark of humanity amidst the heartless machinations of the Capitol. She challenged him, inspired him, and ultimately, she made him question everything he thought he knew about the Games. As the game progress on, Luxen and Kassiani both find themselves fighting not just for survival, but for a chance at true freedom.

 As the game progress on, Luxen and Kassiani both find themselves fighting not just for survival, but for a chance at true freedom

kaia gerber Kassiani "Kassi" Spade

louis partridge Luxen "Lux" Cohen

jaime foxx Kohver Atalier
cate blanchett Peach Verlice
dennis quaid Reggie Spade
rest of the cast as their respective characters

and in our hearts, we still pray for sons and daughters

/. disclaimer
all rights for the hunger games and its franchise belong to lionsgate and suzanne collins. the only characters I own are kassiani spade, luxen cohen, reggie spade, kohver atalier, and peach verlice. any backstory regarding these character will also belong to me. changes to the plotline are my own and i am in no way trying to copy or undermine the original content.

/. warning
this book will contain swearing, gore, blood, violence, sexual content, murder, graphic details of young kids being killed, sexual exploitation of minors, weapons, depression, and grief. if any of these are triggering, please read with caution and take care of yourself.

/. author's note
the hunger games is literally one of my favorite franchises ever and I've always wanted to write a story on it but never knew how to go about it but recently my mom made me watch the entire series with her and i got inspired.

best viewed with white background.