Chapter 9

"Nathan, what the hell are you doing?"

Nathan and I parted immediately at the sound of the voice.  Smoothing my dress out, I turned, readying a lie to explain to the person who had interpreted us. Alas, I didn't even get as far as the first word of the lie once I saw exactly who it was. 

"You've got to be shitting me."

Standing in heels taller than my head and in a dress shorter than should be allowed, was the bitch from the club. It took her a moment, but once she set her heated gaze on me, I was surprised fire didn't shoot out of her mouth.

"You!" she snarled. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Confusion wracked my brain as to why she would even care that Mr. McCoy had his arms around me.

"Not that it's any of your business but he caught me. I was about to run into a sculpture and he stopped me from toppling over it and ruining someone's project."

She rolled her eyes. "I bet you did it on purpose so that he would have to touch you."

Plastic Bitch say what?

"Seriously? No one is that desperate around here except for you, babe," I said matter of factually. She cocked her hip out and plastered a smirk on her aggravatingly perfect face.

"Come on, everyone in here can clearly see who would be the desperate one out of you and I. I mean, look at me," She gestured to her silicone inflated body. "And then look at you," she said with a face as if she had a vile taste in her mouth.

Finally, Mr. McCoy cut in. "Silvia, stop it. You're being absurdly rude," he said sternly. She openly blanched at him.

"Me? What about her? Tell her to keep her grimy hands off of you!"

Grimy? That's it, the gloves are coming off!

"Alright Little Miss Bitch, I don't know who you think gave you the power to dictate peoples lives and who they can and cannot touch but last time I checked," I took a few steps towards her, getting up close and personal. "I can do whatever the fuck I want."

"Alex," I heard Mr. McCoy say in the background but couldn't be bothered to focus on him. This was between me and whoever this woman was.

"Like hell you can! If I ever see you around my boyfriend again I swear I will rip every single one of your hairs off your ugly head!"

"Well-wait, what?"

Boyfriend? There's no way he could ever be dating such a horrible woman, or even be dating at all. She had to be delusional. He would have never gotten close to me or even slightly touched me like he had if he had a girlfriend. Right?

Tearing my eyes off of the blonde in front of me, I turned to find Mr. McCoy.

His face told me everything I needed to know.

My heart clenched painfully in my chest for just a moment before the hurt subsided and fury set in.

I took a few steps back from them. "Wait so this," and I pointed to the woman whose name was apparently Silvia. "Is the 'friend' you were talking about who had too much plastic surgery?"

I heard and intake of breath and Mr. McCoy sent me a glare before turning to Silvia.

"I wasn't talking about you, honey." He pleaded with her for a few seconds before he and I could both tell that she wouldn't let that comment go for a while.

Good! The Dickhead deserves some shit for everything he's done.

"Wow, I thought you said you had good taste? I didn't know silicone even had a taste," I mocked his earlier words to me. His face distorted to one of defeat. He sighed heavily and muttered something unintelligible under his breath.