Prolouge

It was raining so hard, but despite that I kept running. My vision was getting blurry by the second. Hindi ko na alam kung saan ako tumatakbo. All I know Is that I need to keep running, If I want to be alive, I have to keep on running. Malayo na ang natakbo ko pero parang hindi man lang ako nakaalis sa lugar kung saan ako nagsimula. Then I saw It, piles of corpses laying on the ground.

They bathed In blood and looked like they've been tortured to death. I averted my eyes from the dead bodies, at nabigla ako sa nakita ko. My entire world came crashing down. I saw myself, hanged to death. And beside me was another kid, that kid. Who is that kid?

I was scared to my wits end, I stood there frozen in place. I had goosebumps with what Im seeing right now. I stepped back but something cold hit my ankles. Tumalikod ako para tingnan kung ano yon, at parang binuhusan ako ng malamig na tubig dahil sa nakita ko. It was my cousins' dead bodies. Mira, Devon, Calvin And Sasha. They were there, dead and cold. They had stab marks all over them. They were brutally stabbed to death, all of them. Brutally killed.

Kinuyom ko ang aking kamay at bigla kong naramdaman ang hapdi sa mga palad ko. Tiningnan ko kung ano ang nagdulot ng hapdi na yon at parang akong magkakaroon ng heart attack dahil may hawak akong maliit na kutsilyo. May dugo ito, sariwa pa ang dugo rito at nabitawan ko ito dahil sa takot.

It was me. I killed my cousins. I killed them. I killed them. I...killed them.

"Ema, wake up! Please!" Someone was screaming, pero hindi ko kilala kung sino yon. The sounded so familiar but im not sure where I heard before. Then I saw an Image of a boy and a girl, duguan ang batang babae. The boy shook her shoulders, he was screaming at the top of his lungs. "Ema, wake up! Please! Gumising ka na!" Naawa ako sa mga bata akmang lalapitan ko na sana sila ng umagos ang dugo ng batang lalaki mula sa ulo nya. He fell to the ground, lifeless.

"He died because of you. Kasalanan mo kung bakit sya namatay." It came from a little girl. She looked around 7 years old, she was wearing a white dress. "You said everything will be fine. You said that you wouldn't let anything happen to us." Lumapit sya sa akin. Hindi namalayan na tumutulo na pala ang mga luha ko. Pinunasan nya ang mga luha ko, hindi ko na alam kung paano nya ako naabot.

"Please, save my brother. Iligtas mo sya. Keep your promise. At least kahit sa kuya ko na lang." She smiled at me sweetly. Tears pooled her eyes and I could sense longing and sadness in her voice. Tumango na lang ako sa bata.

I woke up all sweaty. It was that girl again. I reached for my cheeks at umiiyak na naman pala ako. I wiped my tears away and went back to bed. Nakatulala na lang ako ngayon sa kisame ng kwarto ko. Who was that girl? Bakit sya at yung batang lalaki ang parati kong nakikita sa panaginip ko? Those were the questions that occupied my head every single night. Pinanayaan ko na lang yon and tried to go back to sleep.

I want to know the whole story. I want to know the truth.