Strategy X

New York City has always been known as the city that never. Tonight was no exception. Many people were going about their business, heading off to their night jobs, and going to parties. Not all New Yorkers are like that, however.

One New Yorker was spending his night differently.

[Thwip]

???: [thought] Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try.

A lone figure was swinging along the skies of New York by shooting webs out of his wrists. The figure wore a red, grey, and navy outfit with a web-like design, big white lenses on his mask, and a red spider symbol on his chest and back. He ran along on the rooftop of a tall building and jumped right off the edge, before shooting a web at a nearby building and swinging away surprising some of the civilians who saw him by their windows.

???: Whooo!

The lone figure exclaimed.

???: [thought] "How I Spent My Normal Life" by Zachary Anderson. I can sum it up in one glorious, hyphenated word. Spider-Man. I am New York's new Ultimate Spider-Man!

Spider-Man let go of the web and stuck to the side of a building

Spider-Man: [thought] Only one more night until I go back home, and I could use some action.

Just when he thought those words, the alarm bell of a jewelry store rang. That was music to his ears. He swung in the direction of the store, and two figures, who were both carrying two sacks of jewels, were along the roof. These two were also old friends of his.

One of the two wore a green shirt with even darker green stripes and had tan pants. The other one was wearing a dark grey hoodie and jeans. These two were self-proclaimed master thieves Flint Marko and Alex O'Hirn. They ran to the edge of the roof and looked over to the next building.

Flint: Did I tell you? One getaway jumps to the next building, and we're a million bucks richer. This ain't no million-buck haul.

Alex did not share his partner's enthusiasm.

Alex: Not after the Big Man takes his cut.

Flint: Awe, shut up and jump.

Alex jumped forward, but before he could land on the roof yanked by a web line and got wrangled up by Spider-Man on an antenna.

Flint: O'Hirn? Oh, no. Not again.

Spider-Man: Yep, again. What is this, Marko,
the third time this month that I've busted you guys?