ONE: Hey Pete.

Author's Note: Hello and welcome to Captured Beauty! I decided to add a story to the TON fandom because they are pretty scarce and I'm always one to write for smaller fandoms and whatnot. All I ask is to respect one another in the comment section, be nice, sit back and giggle like a little school girl because this is gonna be a fun journey! Enjoy! <3

~coffinpuppy

---

The year is 1993 and the world calls for an artistic eye in the booming streamline of photography. You've held onto your Kodak DCS 200 digital camera ever since you got it for Christmas last year.

Ever since you were little, you always had some sort of camera in your hands. You loved to take pictures, even if they were random. Your parents called you a film hog and chastised you incessantly on minding about the film usage. It was always the film. You couldn't help it though as you found everything snapshot worthy. The Midwest gifted you some of the most beautiful greenery and hot summer seasons. You'd chase bees, sneak up on butterflies and carefully step over ants just to see if the lens could capture them. Nothing was out of your reach. Not even for your eight year old little self.

It's inevitable that your childhood pictures came back to haunt you years down the line.

Every family get together, your close-knit relatives gathered around a table as your mother showcased a ginormous tacky photobook. All of it was filled with pictures of you and what you ended up catching. The photobook itself was lined with garish plaid stitching and golden cursive letters written in shimmery puffy paint.

Y/N L/N

The ink from the old laminated photos become unstuck as your mother flipped through the photobook agonizingly slow, leaving you to drown in utter embarrassment as laughter from your aunts, uncles and grandparents filled the room. Despite your overflowing awkwardness, you knew deep down in your heart that photography was what you wanted to pursue in.

You pulled through your school years well. After what seemed like a million years in college, inundated with extra curriculars, credits and hoping to god that you hadn't wasted your money on a useless degree, you did it.

You were officially a Fine Arts Photographer.

It was a momentous occasion and you were sure that your late father was proud of you. You missed him. You wished you took more photos of him.

It's February 1st and after three months of searching for an apartment, you found one and finally are living in it. It's nothing fancy. It's a cramped one bedroom, bathroom and a graciously gifted small corner kitchen that is connected to the small living area.

It smells a bit like water damage and the occasional thumps of your neighbors can be heard but you genuinely couldn't be happier.

You begin to slowly unpack your life into your apartment. It's a therapeutic process as you start to make your surroundings more homelike. Your decorations and belongings breath a new life into the air and suddenly, everything becomes a bit brighter.

It's dark out now in the city and it's quickly discovered upon arriving that it's not gifted the quiet the Midwest has. Living in a densely populated area, that was expected and it was going to take some time to adjust. Many things required sacrifice and you hoped soon enough that all this new information would grow to be second nature. It was scary thinking how far you were away from your close knit family. You suddenly missed their jovial laughter tangling together as they all flipped through your childhood photo album. Without the sound of that, at least, was deathly quiet. Right now, your heart panged as you finished setting up your apartment, putting the last spoon in the silverware drawer.