Part 2

Sleep evades you most of the day. You're too exhilarated by the thoughts of what Jungkook plans to show you tonight. You're unsettled, but even more curious.

You change your clothes several times, having no idea how to dress. Finally, you decide on a deep green velvet dress that just barely brushes the floor, its long sleeves and turtleneck have you hoping it will keep you warm in the new autumn breezes. The nights have become chilly recently.

You find a half cape made of fur to wrap around your shoulders before a knock echoes throughout your bed chambers. It makes you jump slightly from the sudden sound but you quickly recover, heading to the doors expecting it to be Jungkook on the other side.

"Ready to take our leave, my lady?" Yoongi bows to you as the door opens.

"You're coming too?" Confusion evident on your face.

"I am." Yoongi moves aside so that you can exit the room and walk ahead of him down the hallway. "Protecting the king and queen is in my job description."

"Why will we need protecting?" You try to walk next to him, but he stays a step behind.

"I hope that you don't, my lady." Yoongi clasps his hands behind his back, some of his dark hair falling into his eyes as he watches you.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"I think I should let the king give you that information."

"I'm the queen though, aren't I? You have to tell me if I ask." You lift a brow at him in defiance. Yoongi laughs quietly.

"Are you always this insistent, your highness?" He offers his hand to you as you approach the staircase.

"Perhaps. How insistent must I be to get information out of you?" You place your hand into his, still not quite used to the cold feeling of vampire skin against your own.

"Let the king have his time." Yoongi half smiles, helping you from the last step. You glare at him in disappointment, making him laugh quietly once more.

You pull your fur around you a bit closer and look towards the huge front doors of the castle where Jungkook and Seokjin are waiting.

Jungkook looks...beautiful. Casual. Comfortable. His hair unstyled and hanging over his forehead. Brown dress slacks fitted against his muscular legs and tucked into knee height leather brown boots. His white button up shirt has more buttons undone than it does done up. It is absolutely maddening.

"Good evening, your highness." Seokjin says, his cheery voice breaking you from ogling your husband for too long. You pray he didn't notice.

"Good evening." You clear your throat and bow as you approach the two of them.

"You look..." Jungkook starts to say.

"Is it too much? I had no idea how to dress for whatever it is we're doing." Your hands rub nervously at your thighs.

"Perfect." Jungkook finishes, taking a step towards you. "You look perfect." You feel heat rush to your cheeks at his words.

"Thank you." You bite at your bottom lip, feeling lost for words when he's so close. "You look nice too."

"Was that a compliment, my queen?" Jungkook teases, holding out his arm for you to take. You roll your eyes.

"Do not get used to it." You take the arm he's offered, watching Seokjin open the doors so that the two of you can walk out first.

Outside on the stone path awaits a carriage, different from the one you remember riding in on the night of your wedding. This one seems smaller but still just as intricate in its gold embellishments and filigree wheel designs.