X

The night of the show came in the blink of an eye. Everyone seemed to dread it, but if it was to put an end to the nightmare, then they had to stay tough. Trey taps his baton, opening up the music booklet on the stand before him immediately and the orchestra begins to play the sheet music in front of them, the notes as high as they could be.

The chosen actors and dancers scurry onstage for the performance when they heard the music start up. Dressed in tight and dark Spanish-like clothing, they prepared to set the 'plan' in motion. The audience was full to the brim, curtains opened as the small troupe appeared before the viewers' eyes. The color of scarlet danced around from the curtains to the fire pit, as the performers begin to dance around before the wooden set; all sang loud as they carried their cups of gold and food galore.

Here the sire may serve the dam
Here the master takes his meat!
Here the sacrificial lamb
Utters one despairing bleat!

Several of the audience members whisper to one another in confusion and fear at the dark tone this opera had as it was completely different from what the troupe was used to performing. Everywhere, police stand at nearly every entrance as Ashton and Vargas along with Riddle watch the show from their places in the box seats.

Poor young maiden! For the thrill
On your tongue of stolen sweets
You will have to pay the bill
Tangled in the winding sheets!

Vil did his best to keep his pitch and volume of voice down from belting out the notes in his usual cocky and snide way. He grit his teeth as he did so, knowing it was a matter of time before He would be ensnared, so if he had to know his place, he would do it with a smile....a very strained smile.

Serve the meal and serve the maid!
Serve the master so that, when
Tables, plans and maids are laid
Don Juan triumphs once again!

From the backstage curtain, Rebecca enters with a flirty dance, and Rook follows soon after to the main stage. She poses coquettishly for him and he tosses to her a purse in response. Several coins clinked as they landed in her open palm as she catches it and leaves, joining Rose and the other harlots as they dance and run offstage with the others. Rook was dressed in all black, from head to toe. His hair was much longer, dyed black and slicked back, where atop of his head were long elongated horns. But one minuscule detail was what seemed to be black markings at the base of his hairline. Prosthetics dotted his face to give his sharp features like that of a dragon, completely changing his appearance.

Passarino, faithful friend
Once again, recite the plan

Another actor, a lithe young man named Kalim, joined him in the song.

Your young guest believes I'm you
I, the master; you, the man!

When you met, you wore my cloak
She could not have seen your face
She believes she dines with me
In her master's borrowed place!

Swiftly, the two move towards the back curtain as they continue to sing, whilst a few officers in the wings shifted on the balls of their feet but kept a tight hold on their guard for any suspicious activity.

Furtively, we'll scoff and quaff
Stealing what, in truth, is mine
When it's late and modesty
Starts to mellow, with the wine

You come home! I use your voice
Slam the door like crack of doom!

Charlie, now in her costume, watched from the wings as the actors kept singing and dancing, a nervous feeling stirred in her stomach but kept herself strong.