Chapter 3 - You and Me

Two weeks ago.

    "Hi, Bobby... You wanted to see me?" Natalie asked as she stood by his partially opened door. Their shift had ended and B shift was already out on a call, leaving the two of them alone in the big firehouse.

    "I did. Come in." Bobby gestured for her to come in. She promptly took a seat across from him.

    "Have I done something wrong?" she fidgeted in her seat. Her mind was racing through everything that had happened in the past two weeks, trying to figure out what it could have been.

    "You've done nothing wrong." he said, a sigh of relief escaped her, "You're here because as your captain, I have to monitor your progress in your new role... And to be quite honest, you're doing an outstanding job."

    "Thank you." Natalie's eyes lit up upon hearing the compliment. He took note of the glisten.

    "You seem to be hitting it off well with everyone, still while being able to maintain a certain level of respect. I've been there and I know how hard it can be to draw that line between friendship and professionalism. It's very impressive."

    "I've been in positions of authority before."

    "Oh. I wasn't aware of that." he started shuffling through her personnel file.

    "It actually won't be in those... It's from when I was in the Marine Corps."

    "I guess I didn't realize you were in the military. Thank you for your service."

    "You really don't have to thank me." she rolled her eyes with a faint laugh, "I didn't do it for the applause, I did it because I wanted to."

    At that moment the two locked eyes and something clicked. Maybe this is what he was looking for? Someone he felt comfortable with to give in to his desires. But then again... Maybe this wasn't what his sponsor had meant. He leaned forward  in his chair to hide the fact that he had been aroused.

    Funny enough, she felt something too. Looking into his eyes made her feel hot and she began to get goosebumps. "I should go." she quickly stood up, her face was red and hot to the touch. There was a certain...tension... between them, it was undeniable.

    "You... Don't have to." Bobby looked at her, gently biting on his lower lip.

    "Captain Nash..." she laughed nervously. It's not that she didn't want it, but he is her boss after all...

    "Lieutenant Huxley..." he said softly, standing up from his chair. He slowly walked around to the front of his desk where Natalie was standing.

    Almost as if gravity were pulling them together, Natalie inched her way closer to Bobby. His gaze never left her lips. Time seemed to have stopped, and the only things moving were the two of them.

    Their lips crashed together and Bobby grabbed around her waist. He sat back onto the desk, pulling her to lean her weight onto his chest. She gently smiled against his lips and pulled her arms up around his neck. Pure lust had fallen over them.

    "Bobby..." Natalie pulled back, her breathing was heavy.

    "Nat..." he kissed along her exposed collar bone.

    "Aren't we going to get in trouble?" she looked over her shoulder.

    "Only if someone finds out." he said with a sly smile, "But, we're the only ones here, so who will ever know besides you and me?"

    Natalie's heart skipped a beat as he kissed right below her ear. She couldn't help it anymore and went back to kissing him. The building was silent aside from the clinking of Natalie's belt as Bobby unbuckled it.