Chapter 5

You had gone home not long after accepting the blonds offer but that wasn't what was on your mind. Nat died. Sure the blond could be bluffing but the connections were there, you just couldn't believe it.

She was always your favorite when it came to the team, she was the one you were closest to other than Clint. You could easily label her your best friend because that's exactly what she once was to you. She never mentioned a sister however, but she always fell silent when it came to the topic of siblings. Pieces were now fitting together and you felt lost, not being able to believe that Clint had it in him to kill his best friend.

You saw how they were, so this was a great shock but you couldn't help but feel the heaviness your heart held after hearing those words.

You were aware of the blip that happened, not remembering any of it as you were one of the many that had vanished from the earth, but it was talked about enough for months after to figure out what had taken place. You were 17 when it took place, having only worked for the avengers for two before that, you were young when you joined but your highly advanced fighting skills and your knowledge when it came to tech made it easy to look past only being 15 when you first joined. 17 being the age you had left the avengers for good, then disaster struck, causing half of the world's population to disappear into thin air.

The last time you saw Nat was technically 6 years ago, but to you it had only been a little over a year from the complications of time.

She was easily like a mother to you, always being there when you needed although you rarely showed that side of you, but she knew you just like she knew herself.

Picking up your thoughts, you opened your phone to the new information that Nat's sister, who you had learned was named Yelena, had sent you. She wanted you to talk to Clint, let him think you had forgiven him until she would take him from your hands, dealing with him by herself.

After agreeing to said information, you decided to start now.

Looking for his contact, you clicked it and called him. It rang longer than you wanted but he soon picked up. "Y-Y/n, hey. Look I'm really sorry abou-"

"It's okay Barton," You faked a laugh, rolling your eyes to yourself when you did, "I've thought about it and I came to realize I was just overreacting this whole time so I wanted to be the one to apologize."

"Don't say that, kid. We treated you like shit and I'm sorry for coming to you about it. But you may be happy to hear that she turned down the offer." He chuckled through the phone as you stared blankly at the wall in front of you, trying your best to stay zoned in.

"Oh really?" You already knew this as the girl he was talking about was obviously Kate, who showed up at your door the same night they called you in. You still never found out how she got your address but you never cared to question it.

"Yeah," He laughed lightly and you could tell he was smiling at the memory as you still knew him, "She kind of gave this speech, something along the lines of not knowing what happened with you but she wasn't going to take the offer if her favorite avenger wasn't treated right," He sighed, pausing for a moment to hear an answer from you but he didn't get one so he continued, "She's a good kid really, lucky you get to be her favorite."

"I'm not an avenger, Clint." You told him simply.

"You are at heart." He replied quietly, more serious this time before he cleared his throat, "I do find it offensive however, considering she admitted how huge her love for archery is."

"You'll get used to it, bullseye."

"Hawkeye." He corrected with a grumble, glad you couldn't see his wide smile knowing this was what you had always called him.

"Oh yeah, sorry, Bingo." You had to do your best to be convincing, you felt guilty but he killed Nat, right? He threw you under the bus, twice. You needed some form of revenge one way or another.

"Laura and the kids are waiting for me to head back in, I'll catch up with you later. Take care of yourself, Kid."

"You too." With that the line went dead and you threw your phone beside you on the sofa with a loud sigh, swiping your hand over your face as you sat in the silence.

This was all so overwhelming but you were the one to blame by taking up the offer.