04 ⋆ AND I WILL

F SONG - STRAWBERRY GUY

"Well, I know you're not there now
And I know you really care somehow
She said there's love here
But, well, hey, that's nothing new"

"Well, I know you're not there now And I know you really care somehow She said there's love here But, well, hey, that's nothing new"

DEVLIN'S PAST POV
2/June/2020

The second day of summer.

Stuck at home.

Watching tv.

What a great way to start the summer.

I continue to stare at the TV to block off the happiness forming in me from the other day at the gas station. I remember every little second of it. I couldn't get his face and voice off my mind and it seems to stay there for a while...

At the same time, who knows if I'll ever see him again?

You know how you'd always be around familiar boys at school and then all of a sudden you speak to some other guy outside of school you don't know and you'd never see that person again, right?

A part of my day was ruined before that moment happened. I felt a change... like something new will happen this time but I still feel like I won't see the guy again.

I just know that some of the girls at my school know him and I got a little curious just because they won't stop talking about him. They said he was in choir for two years and then forced his teacher to get him out of that class because he lost interest for some reason. And then the girls said something about him being in a band of his own in this town somewhere or out of town.

I sat there in the same position on the couch with my legs to the side like a mermaid while I eat my powdered donuts without making a mess on the old floral couch from a vi the thrift store. I only ate three or four of them so I wouldn't spoil myself before breakfast. I just reached to episode two of Twin Peaks since I found it on Prime, but Fire Walk With Me was available for rent and I don't think anyone in this old house will pay for that right now. Or maybe when I get myself a new job I'll be able to buy it if it's worth it.

"Devlin!" Renee's mom called me from the kitchen, loud and clear. Every time when she calls my name out loud, it's like a fire alarm at your school that buzzes your ears. "Yeah?" I raised my voice, sitting up and quickly pausing the old large screen TV.

"This is for you!"

Mail?

My brows creased while I sat up and rush to the kitchen to see what she's talking about. I see her in her yellow apron of sunflowers, making breakfast and she has the black old fashioned phone in her hand from the wall, wanting me to take it.