𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"I'm convinced instead of blood, whiskey runs through your veins."

*

.*.

A slow cast of white fog swept over small heath in the mid evening hours. The chilling colds weren't foreign to the residents. As if acting as a second skin, the people had grown accustomed of dealing with bursts of the bitter freeze. And this day was no different.

If there was one person who hadn't welcomed the familiar frigid weather it was the the very man who had been titled to the people as 'The Scum of This Town.'

Thuds resounded off the cracked concrete, the sound alone drawing attention from every which way. Chester Campbell walked with unfaltering cockiness, his aura not sitting well with anyone who had crossed his path. Stopping just short of the end of an alleyway, the older man spotted exactly who he was supposed to meet.

"Quite a promiscuous place to be meeting don't you think, Miss Morelli?"

The unseemly smirk that formed on his lips tried to speak for itself. That he had all the answers, that he had everyone right where he wanted them— as if he was the one with the upper hand. But he wasn't fooling the woman that stood before him.

The Siren leader peaked up from the veiled fascinator that sat perfectly on her curls. The sound of his voice alone was enough to cause a ripple of shivers to shake her bones. In the way he worded his sentence she knew he wanted to get a rise out of her so early on in their conversation. That was always the man's goal— to make his target feel uncomfortable.

Lettie's gloved hands remained clasped in front of her succeeding in maintaining her calm nature. Her ochre eyes stayed locked on his figure refusing to waver in the slightest, "Say what you want. You've never been very business oriented have you, Mister Campbell."

Once again, she knew he was familiar with desolate, sketchy places for meetings. He was no stranger to business guideline. But still, it never stopped the hazel eyed beauty from snapping her own retort.

Campbell decided to ignore her comeback but instead to continue with the agenda. Taking a few steps closer in hearing range, his noticeable limp didn't stop him from taking a few more, "I will say I was surprised when I got your letter. You and Mister Shelby doing separate transactions now?"

Tilting her head at his question, Leticia had grown tired of the revolving game. Raising her head higher, her features continued to display impassiveness as she shot back, "Cut the shit. This isn't about Tommy. This is you and I now."

"Oh, is it?" His daunting smirk never left, it had only widened in wait for her next words.

Nodding her head slowly, the Morelli woman hummed not even a second after in answer, "Hm," her heels clacked on the ground beneath her as she took a step forward wanting her next words to be heard clearly, "You have been a wretch in our lives ever since you stepped foot into Small Heath,"