part 22

〜

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" everyone shouted in unison, quickly getting up on their feet from their hiding spots.

"what— did you do this for me!?" childe gasped, his mouth slightly agape.

setting up everything for childe's birthday took longer than expected. turns out, carrying a large sized coffin out in broad daylight, all the way to heizou's house was not a good idea. getting peculiar looks from the neighbourhood was already enough, but no one had expected it to be so heavy.

however, they soon found out zhongli had been sleeping inside the coffin this whole time, indicating the reason behind the unusual heaviness.

"yes, we did this for you." tomo dragged childe towards the coffin that was lying on the ground of the living room.

"IS THIS A FUNERAL OR A BIRTHDAY SURPRISE?" childe  shrieked as he backed off from the coffin.

"open it, there's a surprise for you!" thoma replied.

childe looked at everyone, and noticed some of them were intently observing, while the other half were trying to hide their laughs. he hesitantly closed both of his eyes, not ready to witness whatever possible horrific thing that was inside the coffin and quickly opened it. slowly opening one eye, he noticed a figure already inside, soon realising who it actually was.

"ZHONGLI!?" he screamed. "DID YOU GUYS KILL HIM?"

"...why would i kill my own dad?" xiao murmured to himself.

"oh?" zhongli slowly opened his eyes, waking up from his slumber. "oh, happy birthday."

"this was all tomo's idea, by the way. we blame him." heizou laughed.

"wow, what a bunch of backstabbers you guys are." tomo scoffed, looking over to childe to check his reaction.

"what do you mean, this is the perfect gift ever! seeing my crush inside a coffin is so heartwarming, it gives me a reason to live."

—☆—

the party was, needless to say, a chaos. when everyone handed their gifts to childe, itto was right about him. he did indeed cry. presently, itto and childe were in their alpha wolf costumes, to say they didn't look ridiculous would be an understatement.

suddenly zhongli came up to childe and handed him over a package, "someone asked me to give you this on the way."

"oh? what's this?" childe questioned, before mindlessly struggling to open it, as his costume was still on, and to his horror, it was none other than the same ole doll.