Chapter 2: Rejection

"Ayanami, the process was a success. She has drifted off to sleep," the researcher informed him, who smirked slightly.

"Excellent, now we wait for her to wake."

Victoria was floating in the dome above her body. This would always happen whenever Mikhail or Raphael took over her body. It was quite the advantage, in case something was to happen. Victoria stared down at herself; her body lay still on the table.

Then her eyes opened blood red instead of the blue. She sensed that it was Mikhail.

Her body shifted as Mikhail tried to make sense of the situation he was in. He seemed to be concentrating hard on something.

"What is this? Why are my powers not working?" he demanded.

"Struggle no more, your powers have been suppressed in this room that you are in," Ayanami spoke, straight to the point.

"Huh, how interesting. What is it that you have summoned me for, that you have to put Victoria through this pain?"

"Mikhail is it not? We request for your assistance in the upcoming war. We will rule the Earth. Your contributions, of course, would be-"

"World domination you say? You must be joking," Mikhail laughed loudly, "absolutely not. You're all crazy."

Ayanami paused, narrowing his eyes and glaring at Mikhail, "I did not ask. I was telling you."

"You don't even need me."

"Oh yes we do. We will save quite the amount of resources and lives if you do the job straight for us."

"Never," Mikhail hissed.

Victoria watched as Ayanami's nostrils flared in anger. His patience was definitely running out.

"Victoria will be killed if you do not cooperate with us," Ayanami spoke coldly, his finger seemed to be resting on a button.

"Then you will lose both me and Raphael."

"We have replacements."

"It won't work. You press the button and kill her, and you will lose me and Raphael. Have fun winning the war by your own," Mikhail smirked.

Victoria sighed, Mikhail was too cocky for his own good.

Ayanami hit the button hard, and Victoria yelled in surprise, pain rippling throughout her body. She glanced down at her own body, Mikhail shut his eyes and was screaming from the pain. Oh how it must have hurt for him.

She saw Ayanami mercilessly hitting the button many times, and watched as Mikhail wail from the pain. He was thrashing wildly.

When was Frau going to come? What was taking him so damn long?

"Do we have your cooperation in the war?" Ayanami asked again.

Mikhail was panting and he took a moment to catch his breath before replying.

"Hell no you son of a bitch," he spat at Ayanami.

Victoria watched as something dark flashed across his eyes. Ayanami mumbled something to a researcher who quickly typed something and adjusted the controls.

Victoria panicked, she was going to die. But she would rather die than let Barsburg plans go through. She prepared for the worst.

Ayanami was about to slam the button again when the lights flickered, making him pause. Then the lab was engulfed in darkness.

Victoria felt the pull back to her own body and thanked the gods. The machines shutting down must have allowed this to happen.

She blinked, and woke up to see the dome above her again. Her whole body ached with the immense pain Ayanami had put her through.

She saw something whiz by in the shadows, and the gleam of a scythe.

The straps that were holding her down suddenly slacked and she immediately sat up, rubbing her wrists. Slightly on edge, Victoria prepared for an attack.

The lights flickered back on and Victoria gasped. 6 Ghosts were surrounding the dome she was in, while Profe was beside her, staring at nothing in particular. He was holding on to his scythe that had his initials on the blade.

"Profe..." she whispered.

The Ghost nodded and Victoria literally relaxed both mentally and physically. They were here to rescue.

She glanced at Ayanami, who was tense and in a fighting stance, unwilling to give her up just because the Ghosts were here.

She spotted Zehel in the front and rejoiced.

"Zehel."

The Ghost turned around.

"Victoria."