seventy-one

JJ

Kie comes back the next day on Sunday morning. All of us are already awake ready to go surfing.
,,Sup?" she sits down on the porch.
,,Going surfing." Sarah states and goes to hug her.
,,What that was for?" Kie raises her eyebrows.
,,For yesterday. I know it had to be hard." Sarah looks at her. We exchange a look with the Pogues.
,,What?" Kie asks confused and.. almost scared.
,,You went to the lawyer. I talke with Kyle." Sarah raises her eyebrows.
,,Oh." Kie nods and frowns.
,,Is that all what he said?" she adds.
,,Is there more?" Sarah asks confused this time around.
,,Eh, no. No." Kie shakes her head nervously.
,,You sure?" I ask when I see that.
,,Yeah, it was.. difficult." she explains. I don't really believe she's telling us everything, but when does she? I get up and give her a hug myself.

We spent the afternoon on the beach. We get back around 3 p.m. and all of us go in their direction. Pope goes home taking Cleo with her, John B and Sarah goes somewhere and me and Kie goes on a mission.

***

,,Isn't this a suprise?" my dad sits opposite of the two of us. I clench my fists and stay quiet.
,,Didn't expected your visit." he looks at Kie. She looks him up and down.
,,Orange suits you." she smiles. I chuckle.
,,Alright, if that's it.." he starts to get up.
,,We know it wasn't you." Kie states silently so only he would hear. Luke stops in motion and looks at between us before he sits back down.
,,What.. how..?" he can't believe it.
,,I mean, it wasn't me, but... I wouldn't thought you would believe that... after everything.. I did." his gaze stops at me and then he looks down on his hands on the table.
,,It was a setup." Kie says and leans forward.
,,But.. we need your help to prove that." she adds. Luke looks up and they just stare at each other.
,,First of. I want you to say it. Out loud." Kie continues talking. I find her hand under the table and intervien our fingers. She's slightly shaking, so I squeeze her hand to reassure her I am here and she's safe.
,,I didn't murder you parents, Kiara." Luke says without looking away from her eyes.

The room gets quiet for half a minute. Then Kie leans back into her chair.
,,What do you know about Reed Cameron?" Kie asks him.
,,What!?" his eyes almost falls out of his head.
,,Why? How do you know about him?" he adds another question.
,,I know who he is and because you and my mum were friends at the time, I thought you knew more about the situation." Kie explains. Luke's eyes flicts to me.
,,Was it him?" he asks.
,,Maybe." I state.
,,Wouldn't suprise me when I think about it." he nods and leans back into his chair.
,,He's Anna's and Ward's son. Both of them were Pogues wanting to change their social starus to Kooks. A child at 17 would be a problem in that plan." he starts.
,,They also didn't have the money for abortion and people would found out about the baby. So, Ward's perents took him to their care and hide his existence from the island." he continues.
,,They get what they wanted aftee all and became Kooks, got married and have kids on their own. At the beging they would visit him, but they stop when you all got older and they didn't have time for him." he states.
,,And because they visit him, Reed knew who his parents was and they had another kids they kept. I remember your mum told me he was.. he was mad... the least to say." he adds.
,,I don't know what happened to him after the age of six." he looks between us.
,,What do you know about him?" he asks and so I tell him what we found out.
,,That piece of shit." he punches the table and the guard steps forward.
,,Cut it, Maybank." Kie leans closer and squeezes my hand this time around.
,,You need to act normal as you were to this moment. He can't find out we know, you know or he might do something else or flee from OBX." Kie says.
,,We don't have a prove, only circumstation evidence. In the police eyes, you did it." she adds.
,,Let it to us and you just sit tight." I say.
,,Sit tight?" he looks at me.
,,My life is in your hands. Both of you hate me." he adds.
,,I don't hate you." I say.
,,I do." Kie smiles.
,,And even that I enjoy seeing you here, locked up and wishing you wouldn't get out." she adds.
,,You didn't kill my parents and the real murder is still out there free. My parents deserve justice." Kie looks at me and I nod.
,,So, we will get you out." I conclude it.
,,Or at least we do everything we can to get you out. We are your only chance anyway, no one else will believe that it wasn't you." Kie states.
,,What were you sending anyway that day?" I ask.
,,Divorce papers to Hannah." he looks away. I raise my eyebrows. Wouldn't expect him to be an adult.
,,And in the box?" Kie asks.
,,Ward wanted some things to sent. I did, then I called him that night to tell him it's sent and we are done. I haven't talked to him since." Luke answers.
,,It was planted right." I look at Kie. She nods with sadness on her face.
,,We'll be in touch." I get up. She does too.
,,Act normal." she reminds him and we leave. We head back home to talk over what we should do next.