𝟎𝟎𝟑

[Mystic high]

Ophelia was walking down the hall of her high school, texting Caroline. She hadn't heard from her for a while now and was getting concerned. Looking down one last time at her phone, she sighed when she received no text and walked into her history class.

Tanner was in the middle of his class but Elena and Stefan seem to be better occupied. "Miss Gilbert?" Ophelia, who also hadn't been paying attention, snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called. "Hmm," the twins looked up to their teacher. Tanner narrowed his eyes at Ophelia but didn't question her, his eyes turned back to Elena. "Pearl Harbor," Tanner repeated his question. "Uhm..." Elena didn't know the answer.

"Awkwaarrrd," Damon mumbled.

"December 7, 1941," Stefan answered for Elena. "Thank you, Miss Gilbert," Tanner said sarcastically. "Anytime," Stefan played along.

"But that's Mr. Salvatore." Caius frowned, not getting the sarcastic undertone. A few people chuckled and Caius turned his glare towards them. His two brothers raised their brows at him.

"What?" Caius snapped irritated. Ophelia giggled, causing Caius to turn to her, now his frown completely gone and rather looking like a lost puppy. "Sorry sorry. It's just that he said it in a sarcastic manner." Caius' frown returned, still not getting the point. Aro and Marcus both patted each of his shoulders. "You will learn, brother."

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall." Tanner continued to question Stefan. "1989. I'm good with dates, sir."

"I'm sure you are, and it's not because you have lived through these periods." Emmett laughed.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act." Tanner questioned again. "1964," Stefan counters. "John F. Kennedy assassination," another question. "1963," Stefan answers easily. The questions continued and Stefan answered every single one of them with ease. "Korean war?" Was the final question. "1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in '52." Tanner said, almost excitedly.

"Idiot," Klaus rolled his eyes. "Indeed," Rebekah scrunched her nose. "And he calls himself a history teacher." Kol wasn't impressed.

"Humans are too arrogant," Aro said humming in amusement.

"Uh, actually, sir, it was '53." Stefan told his teacher. "Look it up, somebody. Quickly." The students started to take out their phones and look it up. Finally, a student spoke up. "It was 19...53." Ophelia couldn't hold back a low snigger.

[after class]

Ophelia left class, still haven't heard anything from Caroline yet. She looked down at her phone and sighed when she saw no messages or missed calls.

Defeated, Ophelia just made her way to the cheerleading practice, she changed into her cheerleading uniform and walked to the pitch, where the other cheerleaders already were. The football team was on the other side. Training.

"You're a cheerleader?" Rose asked Ophelia impressed. "Hm? Oh yeah, I have been doing it for over ten years now actually." A little smirk made its way onto Rose's face. "So you must be very flexible hm."

Carlisle choked on his drink upon hearing this. "Rosalie!" Esme scolded her softly. Emmett had the same smirk Rosalie did, after realising what she was implying. Edward and Jasper just rolled their eye at their sister, but couldn't help and have these images of their soulmate. The three kings didn't care to hide the fact that they did imagine her in this position and that they enjoyed it.