Those Three

"This is all your fucking fault Blake." someone snarls. "I said I'm sorry okay? Lay off." Blake replies, exasperation clear in his voice.

"Shut up, she's awake." Ryder snaps at the two bickering kids. I blink the sleep out of my eyes and try to sit up, only to be pushed back down by Ryder. His hair is all mussed up as if he had been running his hand through it constantly. "Relax Chickadee, you fell pretty hard."

I don't remember much of what happened apart from the whole Blake kicking me thing. "I didn't fall that hard Ryder." I protest, rolling my eyes. He gives me an odd look and tilts his head.

"You were out cold by the time I got to you." he explains, "I sprinted over as soon as you fell." My heart swells at his statement, warmth coursing through my veins.

I snake my arms around him and lay my head on his stomach. "I didn't sleep last night and I also had a panic attack, both of them tend to tire you out." I say, closing my eyes again. "Thank you."

"No problem, you would've done the same for me." This just causes me to smile more and snuggle closer.

The person who was arguing with Blake earlier walks into the room followed by the culprit. "Look, I'm sorry for tripping you. I didn't think you would pass out." Blake says, but I find it hard to believe him. Chase stands beside him, giving me an unreadable look.

"Yeah whatever, just leave me alone." I spit, allowing Ryder to help me to my feet. The second he lets go of me, my legs give out. Fortunately he manages to catch me before I hit the floor.

I get back up, but my ankle starts throbbing. Using Ryder's shoulder, I pull off the boot and wince at the sight. A dark purple bruise had already formed, and it hurt like a bitch.

Ryder calls the nurse over and asks her for an ice pack. She nods and runs off to go grab one.

She returns and hands the ice pack to me, and I place it on the bruise. "What time is it?" I ask Ryder. He tells me that its already past lunch and onto the last period.

"Can I just stay in here, I have a headache and everything hurts." I whine, resisting the urge to fall back asleep.

"Miss Wing, we have already informed your mother. Blake has kindly offered to bring you home." She explains with a sweet smile. I tense up and Ryder gently massages my shoulders.

"No. I'll go to History." I say, getting up and walking out of the office. The nurse follows me and grabs my arm. "Miss, I'm afraid I can't let you go back to class." This time she says it with more authority.

I take a deep breath, struggling to keep my temper. "I'm not getting into a car with the guy who kicked me." I growl, wrenching my arm away from the prissy bitch.

Ryder pulls me towards him and leads me to the parking lot, shooting the nurse a scowl when she tries to speak up. We get into his car and I direct him to the Ericksons' mansion.

He walks me to the front door, and Nick comes out to greet us. "I thought Blake was bringing you home." he says, giving me an odd look.

"He's the one who kicked me." I deadpan, and Ryder lets me lean into him. Nick just sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"That boy needs to get his act together. I am truly sorry about them Brook." Nick says, allowing us into the house. I drag Ryder up into my room and we sit facing each other.

"Do you think Arial likes me?" Ryder asks. I laugh quietly as his cheeks start to turn pink.

"I dunno, I've only known her for a day." I reply, still laughing. He rolls his eyes and flops down onto the bed with a content half smile. Part of me wants him to be happy with Arial. She's a nice girl, not to mention beautiful. But another part of me feels something odd, I'm not sure what it is though.