𝟎𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

August 14, XXXX

Today will be my first leisurely day in four years, and I'm very excited. The best part is I practically have the castle all to myself.

Diluc took his friends for an outing to Cider Lake. I was invited to come as well, but I declined. Diluc should enjoy his time with his friends. It may be a while until he sees them again.

I don't have too many plans, aside from spending time in the library. Maybe I'll have a chat with Miss Lisa. I've hardly spoken to her since Diluc returned.

Miss Lisa always has the best stories. When Diluc and I were kids, she was our tutor and the castle's librarian. She always told us about her days at the Akademiya. After Diluc left, Miss Lisa became something of an older sister figure to me. If I had any troubles, I'd always tell them to her, and in return she'd give me advice. I am so grateful to have her in my life.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

With your white cat, Tatsu, in your arms you took long strides down the stairs and towards the castle library. You gently pushed open the door, eyes searching the room for a familiar brunette. You spotted her on the second floor landing overlooking the rest of the library. Quickly, you and Tatsu made your way to her.

"Hi Miss Lisa," you greeted.

"Ah cutie, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"It's my first free day in years," you told her. "I just wanted to relax with a book or two. And Tatsu of course." The white cat flickered its cerulean eyes towards Lisa. The brunette reached her hand out and scratched behind Tatsu's ear, earning a purr from him.

"Take whatever book you want. Just be sure to return it later."

"I don't remember if I saw you at Diluc's coronation, Miss Lisa. Did you go?"

"Of course I went," she replied. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. You didn't see me, but I saw you dancing with that young lord. I hope you enjoyed yourself."

"Thank you, I did," you smiled. "Did you do any dancing?"

The librarian laughs. "Cutie, you should know I'm not the best dancer."

"Ah, I had to ask. Well, thank you Miss Lisa, I'll grab a book and be on my way."

"Oh, be sure you and Tatsu try to keep a quiet atmosphere. We have a guest here, too."

"A guest?" you asked. Miss Lisa walked towards the edge of the landing and pointed towards the center of the library.

"That man has been here for a while now," she whispered.

You immediately recognized the man. He  sat at a table, copying something from a book. His blonde hair fell to his shoulders with red hair clips preventing any hair from falling on his face. You made out what looked like a blue feather in his hair.

"Thank you. Tatsu and I will be on our best behavior."

With that, you left the landing and made your way down to the first floor. You set Tatsu down, letting him roam while you searched for a book. You were sure he wouldn't wander off, and if he did, you'd be able to hear him due to the bell fastened around his neck.

Your eyes scanned the shelves until you noticed a book you don't remember seeing before. Carefully, you removed it from its home on the shelf. You began to mindlessly walk away as you read through the first page of the book. Once you were a few steps from the shelf, you noticed you didn't hear the sound of Tatsu's bell.