A New Job

You found yourself in the middle of a dark alleyway. "Oh great, I'm lost and I'm in Hell, and I'm in a dark creepy alleyway," you said aloud to yourself in frustration.

You heard drunk rambling in the distance, that kept getting closer and closer. "Shit," you whisper yelled to yourself.

You looked around for a way out, but the only way out was from where the sound was coming from, and continuing to get closer with each passing second. After realizing you were trapped you decided to deal with the threat head on. A dark figure stepped into the entrance of the alleyway and you readied yourself for whatever was coming next.

"Hey~ beautiful- *hic*," the drunk imp... demon... you didn't actually know the difference between the two and for some reason you only realized this now.

"Uh hi," you responded with a tiny tremble in your voice.

"You wanna- *hic* go somewhere- *hic* private together~ *hic*," The drunk purred.

"Um... no thanks," you hoped to this would be enough to make them leave you alone.

"Oh come on *hic* you know you wanna~," the drunk cupped your cheek with one hand and started to lean in. You squirmed, trying to free yourself from them, but they pushed your shoulder down against a wall with their other hand.

"I promise beautiful- *hic* it'll be worth your- *hic* while~," the drunk purred blowing their hot breath against your face.

And just as their lips brushed against yours a bright light appeared.

"What in Hell?" The drunk turned their head to see where the light was coming from.

"DAMMIT THE PORTAL OPENED IN THE WRONG GOD DAMN PLACE!" A familiar voice yelled, annoyed.

"Well I told y'all that we should've reminded Loona that we weren't going to get take-out," a feminine voice with a country accent said.

You looked over to see the same imps that you met earlier that day and a female one that was a tad shorter than the imp with white hair, had feminine features, black hair, wore a black crop-top, and black ripped jeans.

"Who the- *hic* hell are- *hic* you guys?" The drunk asked, you were just glad they took his attention off of you.

"Um, we are the immediate murder professionals sir, also known as, I.M.P." The white haired imp responded.

"Yeah well wh- *hic* -y don't you take your *hic* business somwhe- *hic* -re else," the drunk told them.

The female imp looked towards your direction and raised her eyebrow, "hey, weren't you that newbie from earlier?" She asked.

The drunk's grip on your face tightened and they spoke for you, "they're busy right now," then they looked at you with a threatening face that made you shrink back.

"Uh I think that's for them to tell me, hon you okay?" The female imp asked concerned.

"Who the fuck cares Millie let's just go get some food," Blitzø said obviously annoyed.

"Well I do," the imp you're pretty sure is Millie said. "So hon you good."

You opened your mouth to speak, but the drunk squished your mouth and answered for you again, "I said *hic* that they are *hic* fine." The drunk said aggressively squishing your face even harder.

Millie however took this as a threat a pulled out a dagger from her side. "I think you should release them," Millie said as she spun her dagger in a threatening motion.

You tried to nod in agreement, but it probably looked more like a twitch. Then you tried to say yes, but that came out as a muffled 'es'.

The female imp stalked towards you and the drunk. "I'll say it once more. Release. Them," she continued to step closer.

The drunk made a squeaking noise and ran off. The sight made you laugh your ass off, the once intimidating person ran away like a scared little mouse. Millie joined you in your laughter as she put away her dagger. After a while your laughter ended and you whipped the tears from your eyes.

"Hey, thanks for that," you said.

Mille put her hand behind her head and responded, "it was nothin' hon, just be careful the next time you decide to wander around."

Then it hit you, you couldn't repay her for her help. "Uh... Millie was it?" You asked.

"Yeah that's my name," she responded.

"Is there anyway I could repay you for saving me?" You asked.

"Hon that's not necessa-," she was interrupted by Blitzø. "Well you could pay us," Blitzø looked at you with puppy dog eyes.

"Well there's one problem with that, I don't got any cash," you replied.

"Well maybe you could pay it off by working for my company," he spread his arms wide above his head and gave you an enthusiastic smile.

"But sir, we don't need another employee, plus can they even do anything to help us in our occupation?" The white-haired imp questioned.

"Well people just don't arrive in Hell for no reason," Blitzø responded.

The three imps looked at you, with curious eyes.

"So, how did you end up in Hell?" Mille asked.

"I died..." you replied.

"But, what kinda sins did you commit?" Millie said with a sharp country accent.

You thought about your past, but quickly pushed the thoughts away, you never wanted to go back there.

"I uh... kissed a guy who was married," you lied.

"Well that's boring," Blitzø said. "How about we head to headquarters for your interview?"

You nodded and then the imps started to walk out of the alley, and with nowhere else to go you followed them.