The Day He Had Left

(SOMEWHAT OF AN EXPLANATION; SO BASICALLY SOME STUFF HAPPENED WITH THE CULT AND CAPTAIN WAS SUPPOSEDLY DEAD)

No POV:
Shotgun man was spinning in his swivel chair inside his office at the police station. He was able to get a job as a police officer in the town surprisingly, a lot had happened though. Like, a lot a lot, only a few words needed for an explanation; cults, death, and stress.

————————————————————————

Shotgun Man POV:
I was just spinning in my chair, but then I heard someone?

"Shotgunnn..? Shotgun..? Bud..?"

I stopped spinning and looked over to where the voice came from. "Huh?"
Then I saw him, Captain entered my office and waved a little, he had a lizard in one hand. I then glanced over at John and noticed he had spit out his coffee.

"Your alive!?"

"Captain..?" I though he was dead. I thought that stupid cult killed him.

"It's uh.. It's a tricky thing, yeah i'm 'alive'" He then shuffled closer to us.

"Look, Im sorry. Like really sorry for almost killing you.." John muttered. I continued staring at Captain, I really though he had died, and yet, he's standing here.

"It's nothing, really John. May I uh, have some privacy with Shotgun please?"

"Sure, sure." John then got up from his seat, grabbed his coffee mug and walked into the break room.

————————————————————————

Captain POV:
Shotgun just stared at me, he looked like he couldn't believe I was here. I didn't exactly know the right words to say, so I just handed him the lizard I had in my hands. He looked at it then back at me. I was silent the whole time. I opened my mouth to say something, but then closed it then backed away a few steps.

I watched as Shotgun stood up, set the lizard down and the chair and walked towards me, he then hugged me.

"Dude.. I THOUGHT I WASNT EVER GONNA SEE YOU AGAIN!" He said as I noticed tears welling up in his eyes. I let him cry on my shoulder as I hugged him back.
I dreaded the moment I had to tell him, I had died twice and now I had to rely on that damned cult so I didn't die a third time.

"I'll.. uh yeah hey hey I promise that.. even if that damned cult kills me.. again I swear, swear, I'll be there in spirit.. that's what older people tend to do right..?"

(I have no more motivation to finish this now)