14. Return to Hogwarts

Draco and Hermione had been meeting in the apothecary every evening for the past three months, their minds focused on the task at hand: developing a potion that could cure the disease plaguing the aquatic creatures.

They had spent countless hours experimenting with four base ingredients, adding other elements with different techniques to develop a stable and effective potion. They had made over 100 brews but had yet to succeed.

Draco had even brought a water tank filled with different aquatic animals, using them to test the potions and see how they affected living creatures. It was a daunting task, but they were both determined to succeed.

After weeks of experimentation and testing, they finally made three stabled potions. Daily, they administered the potions to three control groups of animals and noted the results, hoping to find the one that could cure the disease once and for all.

One evening, they finally found it. Draco and Hermione had done it. It was a moment of pure joy and triumph that they would cherish for the rest of their lives. One potion had proven effective, curing the disease in the animals they had tested it on. They were ecstatic, their minds racing about what this could mean for the wizarding world.

"I can't believe it," Hermione said, her voice filled with wonder. "We've done it. We've actually found the cure."

Draco nodded, a broad smile spreading across his face. "It's amazing, isn't it? All those late nights and long hours have finally paid off."

Hermione looked at him. "I couldn't have done it without you," she said. "Your financial commitment, dedication, and determination made this happen."

Draco shrugged, trying to hide his embarrassment. "I just did what I had to do," he said. "But I couldn't have done it without you either. Your attention to detail and unwavering commitment to finding the solution was key to our success."

Hermione smiled at him, a sense of camaraderie and affection between them. "I guess we make a pretty good team," she said.

Draco teased. "I guess we do. Who knows what else we can accomplish if we keep working together like this?"

Hermione nodded, her mind already racing with the possibilities. "As long as we keep pushing ourselves and supporting each other, we can make anything happen."

They spent the next few days perfecting the potion, tweaking the ingredients, and fine-tuning the formula until it was ready to be mass-produced by Draco's apothecary. 

Draco and Hermione were sitting in the potion's lab, their hearts still pounding excitedly after the discovery

Draco and Hermione were sitting in the potion's lab, their hearts still pounding excitedly after the discovery. It was a moment of great triumph, and they couldn't help but feel a sense of exhilaration and pride.

Hermione looked at Draco with a sense of excitement in her eyes. "I have some great news," she said. "I wrote to Professor McGonagall about administering the potions to the creatures in the Black Lake, and she accepted."