The beginning

You know I've always been connected to the forest in some type of way. The way the trees feel, the way they talk to me, the way they make me feel. I have always been connected to the animals. The way the slugs moved fascinated me. The amazing colors of the salamanders.

Then we moved. Then we weren't close to the forest. Weren't near the who's from the snow white owls. Weren't near the small pecs from the wood peckers. No longer seeing the white spots of the white tailed deer. How I missed them. Couldn't S̶e̶e̶  feel the bark of the oak trees.

I was very angry at mother.
Very angry. I locked myself in my room for weeks. I wanted to stay there for the rest of my life. But I couldn't. I had to go to school. Oh how I hated school. I would always be bullied because of how quite I am. Or the way I feel connected to white tailed deer. This wasn't a normal connection. It was a connection on a spiritual level. Sometimes I think that I was one, in a passed life. I hate being a human.

"Lillie come on you have to start school!" Mother said. I didn't respond.
"Look I know you're mad but it's illegal for me to keep you at home, you need to start school," she continued.
"Why can't you homeschool me? You did that last year!" I yelled back.
"Hunny I have work!" She responded.
"How about online!?" I answered.
"No. You have to go in-person," She yelled.
So I got up put my light brown hoodie on and brushed my short hair. Got the rest of my stuff on and opened my door. That's when it hit me. The hunger from weeks of not eating. "Holly shit" I said in my mind. It actually hurt. But I still got into the car and angerly went to school.