7-Twice (continued)...

Five Years Later

Five Years Later...

Her P.O.V.

"Jaynessa please, last one. I won't bother you for a week,"

"It's Jane! And you said that yesterday." I try slamming the door harder but she shoves on the other end.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm trying do a good job so Tris doesn't fire me, please, just take it,"

"No, I said!" I throw my shoulder into the door.

Footsteps approach the door on her side and the door busts open. I take the blow to the head and get knocked to the tiled floor. Two guards stand in the doorway with her now.

"Jane, if you don't you know she's going to come in and force you," Charlotte pleads.

"I'm not scared of her,"

"Seriously, Jaynessa, you're going to be eighteen now. Stop being so immature." it wasn't Charlotte speaking.

It's Tris's voice. She steps into the room beside the guards. Her face smile plastered on her fake lips. Pencil skirt too tight, and hair done up. She kneels down beside me, placing her caked face too close to mine.

"Your birthday is tomorrow, let's not be moved to the top of the Treatment List so soon." she takes the small syringe from Charlotte's hand, "Take the medicine,"

"It's. Jane." I say through my teeth.

I slap the needle holding the cold drugs from her hand and run for the door. The guards were here to intimidate, none of the adults thought I'd actually try running. I push Charlotte's small figure into one of the guards and force my way into the hallway. I'm on my feet and running before they can exit my room. I push other inmates out of my way as I bolt through the community room.

"Making a break for it again, Jane?" I hear a fellow inmate call behind me.

I get to the end of the hallway to the lobby and yank open the heavy doors. All the while, footsteps behind me, chasing after me.

"Jane! Stop!" Charlotte cries echo in the white halls.

Not a chance.

Poor girl. Brainwashed like the rest of them. I shut the doors behind me locking them loudly. On the other side of the room the hallways divide into four ways. The hallway on the far right obtains my exit. Sprinting down it, panting as I run, I don't stop until I've reached the glass doors to the lobby. Just one more set of doors after that and I'm outside. The glass doors slam loudly with my hands as I snatch at them to swing open. A nurse behind a desk in the lobby shouts at me as I rush through the threshold, aiming for the exit doors.

"Hey!" Stop!"

"Oops,"

Fists closed at my running sides, I run passed her for the exit. But I don't make it. Just before I reach the interior of the door frame with my outstretched finger tips, someone slams into me from the right side. He's big and he tackles me to the white floor. I'm rolled over and pinned down on my stomach with my hands behind my back, just as Tris and the rest come rushing in, out of breath. I'm wincing from new bruises of contacting the tile in the way I just did and Charlotte gives me a look of pity as we both know there will be consequences. Tris's high heels click loudly on the tiled floor as she walks over to me.