Chapter 15

"Are the designs for the next show ready? I need them by the afternoon so that I can approve them and send them for further work

"Are the designs for the next show ready? I need them by the afternoon so that I can approve them and send them for further work." My assistant nods and hands me a file. She is a nice girl. Doesn't speak much, but gets the work done.

I've known her for the last six months, that's how long I've been working in this office. Inspite of all I thought, this job was truly made for me. I work very limited hours and all the workload and stress is kept faraway from me on special orders from my father in law, owing to my pregnancy.

He didn't seem as conflicted and distasteful of me working here as I initially imagined. He even helped me settle down at work and guided me at every step possible. Maybe I shouldn't connect dots of the past to my present just because I can.

I haven't been much worried about all those things in a while. Being occupied with other stuff. Work and home, both have been great. I very recently entered the final trimester of my pregnancy. I've turned into a football and honestly, I am not bothered by it. Shivansh doesn't let me be.

He still looks at me with the same love and adoration. His love and care have honestly made me lazy. I don't even like waking up in the morning and coming to the office but work comes first. My phone rings on the side and I smile. Think of the devil.....

"Shivansh?"

"How are you my darling wife? Has our child troubled you enough yet?" I smile, rubbing a hand over my stomach.

"He or she has been pretty quiet today."

"Well that's a surprise." It's true. Our child loves to ruin my sleep with the storm they kick up in my stomach. I was extremely worried at first until my gynecologist told me that it was fine. I just have a super excited and energetic baby.

I feel a kick right that second and I laugh. "Seems like we summoned it." I can feel him smile through the phone. He has adored the idea of a family with me for a really long time. I wasn't aware of it until very recently. He showers me with all the love that he can and I bask in it like a needy brat. But I am allowed that comfort so it's fine. We talk a while until I decide it's time to go home.

I finish my final report and submit the designs before leaving the office and sit in the car. I learned how to drive as well. I knew how to do it earlier but I wasn't good at it.

Halfway through my drive I feel specifically uneasy. My baby hasn't moved in a while. This does not happen. I turn to the side of the road to pull over but it doesn't work. The breaks don't work!

Fuck! No no no no....... please not now.

I push it again and again with might strong enough to break it but it doesn't work. Lucky for me the car hasn't gone out of control but I can't seem to stop it or slow it down. I do the only thing I could think of. I call my husband. I let it ring through the system in the car as I try to find ways to stop this bloody car without causing much damage to myself or my child.