Episode 28 - Red Dragon Castle Defensive Battle (Part 4)

"Waaaaaaaaaahhh!!"

The ground forces of the Fuuga army attacked the Red Dragon Castle. The great army that was assembled to attack the royal city of Parnam, was climbing the slope to attack the Red Dragon Castle city with a single blow. The morale of the Imperial Army was high. It was not an exaggeration to say that Fuuga's hegemony will be decided here and everyone felt that the war against Souma was probably their last chance for them to have a significant rise in the power hierarchy.

It was evident that Souma and the Kingdom of Friedonia are difficult enemies, so it's obvious that if he falls here, the rest will be very easy. The nations of the Maritime Alliance will no longer rebel after the fall of their ally, the Kingdom of Friedonia. The Republic, the Kuzuryu Kingdom, and the Euphoria Kingdom will bend their knees. If that happens, they won't have the slightest chance of success.

In other words, because this was the last chance to make a name for themselves, the soldiers of the Great Tiger Empire were highly motivated to achieve it. Furthermore, the soldiers had been frustrated by the lack of resistance up to that point and their attempts to send in separate detachments had been successfully blocked. Though not as morbid as Claire, the wish to have a legendary battle that would pass through future generations under the guidance of the hero Fuuga, was a wish that many in the Great Tiger Empire's army had.

The army of the Great Tiger Empire had high morale, but the brave generals like Kasen and Gaten and the main force of what was once the Union of Eastern Countries kept in the rear, and those who attacked in the front they were the mercenaries, refugee soldiers, and soldiers from the former Kingdom of Meltonia and the Fracto Federal Republic, who were newcomers, who wanted to rise through the ranks, were a force that would not affect them to lose. Since time is on Souma's side in this war, Fuuga and his subordinates were thinking of leaving the restraining soldiers and heading straight for Parnam, once they realized that Red Dragon Castle would not fall easily.

The main force had been moved to the rear so as not to be worn down by the general reconnaissance attack. Instead of the well-disciplined elite in the rear, the attackers were a mass of egoists, and the soldiers were no different from the thieves. If they enter the city of Red Dragon Castle, there would be looting, raiding, and massacres wherever they find themselves, and the city will turn into a butcher shop.

To prevent this, the defenders on the Red Dragon Castle's side were desperately resisting. They intercepted the attacking imperial soldiers by shooting arrows from their bows and magic from the top of the high city walls. In the meantime ...

"Unfortunately, there isn't much I can give them."

A blue-haired half-dragonewt woman with a single horn on her forehead standing on the wall muttered to herself as she looked at the imperial army swarming under her feet. She was Axela Vargas, the daughter of Excel, the wife of Castor, and the mother of Carla and Carl. She was wearing her naval clothing for the first time in a long time and held up her hand.

"This is the only thing I can give... to all the members! Fire at will!"

"Got it! Let the fire begin!" "Let the fire begin!" "Let the fire begin!"

The naval-type commandos spread and siege weapons and cannons were fired at the imperial troops, who were hanging ladders to climb the walls, preparing siege weapons, or shooting arrows and magic to attack the soldiers on the walls.

Boooooom (Ton!) Boooooom (Ton!) Boooooom!!

The loud sound of cannon firing echoed through the countless bursts from the small kom cannons. And from above the heads of the Imperial Army, pieces of iron fell like rain.