A New Addition

A couple months after their honeymoon, Megan and Alex were still going strong. Life was great. They were excelling at work and their love was so pure. But Megan had been feeling a bit off lately, but she tried not to think too much about it. She didn't want to get her hopes up only to be disappointed. But after a few days of feeling a bit nauseous and her period being late, Megan decided it was time to take a pregnancy test.

As she waited for the results, Megan's mind was racing. She wasn't sure if she was ready to be a mother, and she wasn't sure how Alex would react. What if he wasn't ready? What if he didn't want kids at all?

When the test finally showed two lines, indicating that she was pregnant, Megan was both excited and scared. She knew she had to tell Alex, but she wasn't sure how.

That night, as they were getting ready for bed, Megan took a deep breath and said, "Alex, I have something to tell you."

Alex turned to her, concern etched on his face. "What is it, love? Is everything okay?"

Megan took another deep breath. "I'm pregnant," she said, looking up at him nervously.

At first, Alex was stunned. He couldn't believe it. But as the news sank in, he smiled and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Megan, this is amazing news!" he exclaimed. "We're going to be parents! I can't wait to meet our little one."

Relieved and overjoyed, Megan hugged him back, feeling grateful to have such a supportive partner by her side. They talked for hours about their hopes and fears for the future, but ultimately they both knew that they were ready to start this new chapter in their lives together.

As the pregnancy progressed, Alex and Megan grew even closer. They spent countless hours discussing names for their baby, decorating the nursery, and preparing for the birth. They also talked about their future together and made plans for their family.

Alex and Megan were filled with excitement as they painted the walls of the nursery in their new home. They had spent weeks planning the perfect color scheme and picking out furniture for their little one. As they worked together, they joked and laughed about the different ways they could decorate the room.

"Hey, we should paint some little animals on the walls," Alex suggested.

Megan laughed, "I don't think I trust either of us to paint animals that look anything like actual animals."

Alex chuckled, "Okay, how about we just stick to the basics and paint the walls without any animal decorations?"

Megan smiled, "That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can add some animal-themed accessories instead."

As they continued to paint, they talked about all the things they wanted to teach their child and how they would raise him or her. They shared their fears and concerns, but also their hopes and dreams.

"We're going to be great parents," Alex said, his hand on Megan's belly.

Megan nodded, tears of happiness in her eyes. "I can't wait to meet our little one."

As they finished up painting the room, Alex and Megan stepped back to admire their work. The room was perfect and they couldn't wait for their baby to arrive.

Alex was an amazing partner throughout Megan's pregnancy, always there to offer support and help with whatever she needed. He went to every doctor's appointment and was by her side during the delivery.

When their baby finally arrived, they were both overjoyed. They named him James, after Alex's grandfather, and spent their days getting to know their new little bundle of joy.

In the months that followed, Alex and Megan adjusted to life as new parents. They both had to learn how to balance their work and home lives, but they did it together. They took turns waking up in the middle of the night to feed and change James, and they made sure to set aside time for just the two of them.

Alex and Megan had been looking forward to this date night for weeks, a chance to have some time away from their baby and just enjoy each other's company. They had picked out a fancy restaurant and dressed up for the occasion.

As they were looking over the menu, Alex couldn't resist making a joke. "I think I want to order the steak, it's been a while since I've had something that juicy."

Megan giggled and rolled her eyes. "Always thinking about food, huh?"

"Well, you know what they say," Alex replied with a grin. "Food is the way to a man's heart."

Megan playfully punched his arm. "I thought it was through his stomach?"

Alex laughed. "Either way works for me."

As the night went on, they were enjoying each other's company and the chance to relax and have some fun.

After dinner, they decided to take a walk around the city. As they walked, they passed by a sex shop and couldn't resist going inside to check out the toys and lingerie.

Megan blushed as she looked around the store, but Alex was having a great time making jokes about the various items on display.

"I don't know about that one," he said, holding up a particularly large and intimidating-looking toy. "I think I might need a little more practice before I can handle that."

Megan giggled and shook her head. "You are such a goofball."