Chapter 13: Insecurities

Will's POV:

Will groaned as he woke up. He felt groggy, nursing a huge headache. He checked his watch. It was noon. What? He checked again; it was noon the following day. Apparently healing Nico had exhausted him. He walked over to the window, and opened the curtains, allowing sunlight to spill into the room. He heard Nico groan and bury himself deeper into the covers. Will chuckled to himself and turned towards the son of Hades.

"Close the curtains, Hazel," Nico muttered into his pillow.

Looking around the room, Will didn't see Hazel. He wondered where she had slept.

"As lovely as your sister is, I am not her," Will said.

Nico froze in his bed for a moment before groaning. He sat up, looking at Will. "Why are you in my cabin, Solace?"

Before Will could answer, Nico's eyes widened.

"Wait a minute, you drugged me!" Nico exclaimed. He slid off the bunk, moving away from Will.

"I had to check you over and I thought you were going to try to run again," Will said, crossing his arms over his chest. "And after seeing that you hurt yourself last night, I stayed here to make sure you didn't do anything else."

Nico scowled, crouching down to his trunk. He started pulling clothes out.

"I don't need a babysitter; I'm not a child."

"Considering your life might be on the line, you need someone watching you. Self-harm can become very dangerous..."

Nico slammed the trunk closed, cutting off Will.

"I don't want to hear it."

"You can't just ignore it. It's not healthy and you need help..."

"I'm not talking about this with you. I'm fine so you can leave." Will wasn't giving up that easily.

"Fine, I'll go, but you are coming with me."

Nico furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't need a babysitter. I can go about my daily life without killing myself."

Will sucked in a breath at how blunt Nico was about his self-harm and suicidal thoughts. "I wasn't trying to babysit you; we are going to get lunch."

Nico scowled. Will scowled back.

"You need to eat food. Besides, your sister and friends will eventually start to wonder where you are."

Nico rolled his eyes but ducked into the bathroom to change. Will smiled, realizing his victory. He grabbed his medical bag and swung it onto his shoulder. He finger-brushed his hair and prayed that his breath didn't reek. Nico came out of the bathroom in his usual black attire. He was also wearing a hoodie, even though it was hot out. Had to hide his scars somehow.

Will sighed as he pushed open the door to the Hades cabin. He walked out into the sunlight, happy to get some fresh air. Making sure Nico was following him, he set off towards the dining pavilion. He passed by Connor Stoll who was tied with some vines as he had tried to steal a Demeter's girls' wallet. Lou Ellen was playing with her pet piglets that Will really hoped weren't campers. A pegasus was dragging around a Hephaestus kid. Just another normal day at camp. They arrived at the dining pavilion. Nico sat at his table, trying to blend in with the shadows. Before Will could even choose a seat, he was beckoned to the head table by Chiron.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Solace. We needed you in the infirmary last night."

"Yes, I know, I'm sorry, I was with Nico in-"

"Yes, in his cabin. As you know it is against camp rules for two campers who don't have the same parent to be... alone in a cabin-"

"Oh my gods, I was healing him and watching over him in the night, nothing like that happened!" Will could feel the heat rising off of his face.