𝟬𝟭 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

TW: Mistreatment and bad mental health

[Ocean Eyes - Billie Eilish]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Steve is approaching another door as he moves down the corridor. He walks with such assurance that it makes me feel threatened. Either way, I must keep following him. Before Tony decided it was alright for me to join their team, we had been in hiding for what seemed like an eternity. He learned about my past and the things I was made to do. As a result of our disagreements, Steve and I were made to go into exile. Steve stayed in touch with two people who were still on the property and waited until Tony thought it was time to give me a second chance. But to be completely honest, I don't think I deserve one. I think they might need another body to fight with them and are pushing aside everything that I've done. For that reason, every time I walk down a new hallway, I try to find a possible exit.

I'm leaving this place tonight.

We have to navigate through one more constricting hallway before Steve opens a glass door that is situated adjacent to a glass wall. Everyone in the room is gathered around a huge wooden table, waiting for Steve to enter as the door opens. Only three seats are available, and since everyone else is seated close together, those seats are on the other side of the room. I slink behind Steve and observe as he uncomfortably engages the others.

"Welcome back, Steve." Tony nodded his head.

"Thank you for having us." Steve walks over to one of the chairs.

Everyone looks on as Steve and I approach the chairs and sit down. Steve gives up the middle chair to me so that he can sit closer to the others. In front of a big screen, Tony gets up from his chair at the head of the table. It starts up and displays the Avengers symbol against a pale blue background. As I wait for him to start speaking, I pick at my damaged nails' corners. I really don't want to be here because Steve told me that he is one for theatrics.

"I know we have said before that we don't need another member of this team, but Steve has found his friend and he can help us extremely on missions," Tony speaks. "He will always be beside Steve, fighting with his enhanced abilities. However, he will not be going on the bigger missions at HYDRA bases."

"What!" Steve exclaims. "Why?"

"We can't fully trust his mind yet," Tony answers. "There is a chance that being back in that environment could set off the other guy, and I'm not risking that. So, he will only be going to the smaller bases."

I find it irritating that he won't address me directly, but I can see why. He refuses to admit that I am here to help and makes it plain that he still doesn't like or trust me. I don't blame him for believing that the Soldier would suddenly appear. I want to visit every HYDRA base, but it's not exactly confined information that he is readily provoked. I demand justice from them for the trauma I endured. They can't stop me from leaving, so once I do, I'll have to plan the safest strategy to retaliate against them.