Chapter 1 - A missing mother

Episodes: 1.1 The Mortal Cup and 1.2 The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

--------------

Its been 2 years that Jocelyn told her about the shadow world, the world Melissa didn't want to believe. But ever since then, she draws things that are not from this world and dreamt about them. She began her third year of the school as then she got a call from her sister. "What is it, sis?"

'"Well, I needed to call if something happens, right?" She asked back.

Melissa frowned. "Yes, but what has happened then?"

"It's our mother, she's been kidnapped." Clary replied.

Melissa world began to crumble. "Who would do that?"

"I gave no idea." Clary replied. "But I need you to come to the church, there are people here, who can help us."

"But why would I go to the church, the abandoned church?" Melissa asked, confused. "There's nobody there, sis. And nobody that can help us there, Just be smart and go to the police! That's what I'm gonna do!"

"But there are people here...!" Clary was interrupted by her.

"Go to the police, Clary!" Melissa shouted and hang up the phone. Then, she tried to call her mother, just in case that Clary was wrong. But the phone was a dead end. Then, she went to the police station.

------------------

On her way, she was greeted with her sister and some men and a woman. "What the hell?" Melissa exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

Clary glared at her. "Uh... That you don't go to the police. As I told you, come to the church!"

"With these people, no thanks!" Melissa shouted. "I'm going and you can come with or not, I don't care!" Then, she turned away.

"Do you know about shadowhunters?" Clary shouted.

Melissa turned back and looked at her sister. "Of course I do. Mom told me 2 years ago."

Clary realized something. "That's why you left. But why would do that?"

"I didn't, until the dreams started and the drawings." Melissa replied as the others looked in shock.

Clary blinked. "What?!" She exclaimed.

Just then, Simon came into view. "I thought we were looking for Dot?"

"We are, but I needed to get to my sister." Clary replied.

"Dot?!" Melissa exclaimed.

"Yes, we need to find her. Cause she knows more than I do." Clary replied to her.

Melissa rubbed her for head. "Oh, my god." Then, she looked at them. "Say I come with you, you need to listen to me, Clary."

"Why?" Clary asked.

"I'm older than you and I know what's best..." Melissa began as Clary opened her mouth. "Listen, I will take your suggestions, but if its to dangerous we go to safely, understood?"

"Everything in the shadow world is dangerous!'" Clary exclaimed.

"Oh, god." Melissa exclaimed. "Lets just find her, already!"

"I like her, already." The women comment.

"Of course you like her." The dark haired man rolled with his eyes.

--------------

Later, they walked on the street, close to the pandemonium. Melissa learned their names, their names are Jace, Izzy and Alec. Clary touched the necklace. "Dot. Dot!"

"Oh, god. Clary!" Melissa shouted as the gang rushed to the Pandemonium. "Clary!"

Jace stopped her, Melissa followed after him. "Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?"

"Two men, Circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" Clary shouted. She rushed away.

"You aren't thinking clearly." Melissa shouted after her as then she followed.

-------------

They were in the Pandemonium as Clary couldn't find Dot. "No. She was just trying to help me." She touched the necklace but she doesn't feel Dot anymore. "Now, she's gone."

Simon touchdd Clary's shoulder. "Clary, I'm sorry."

"You don't understand. Dot's like my biggest sister." Clary comment.

"To me she is like an aunt." Melissa shrugged. Clary rolled with her eyes.

Just then, Alec spoke up. "It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now."

"As is every corner in the dark." Melissa countered. Alec glared at her. "What? I'm pissed off, give me a break."

Clary looked at them. "So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

"There's another option." Jace suggested.

"Don't even..." Izzy trailed off.

"Absolutely not." Alec added.

Jace looked at them. "I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers."

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers." Jace replied.

"Who possess the ability to recover memories." Izzy added.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec finished.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon quipped.

Melisa let out a snort. "You don't say."

Alec looked at Jace. "We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it."

"Someone is sensible." Melissa muttered.

Jace glanced at Clary. "This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision."

"Really? Treat me like a feather." Melissa countered, Jace winced.

"You can't ask her to do this. She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared." Izzy told him.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." Clary spoke up. Everyone is silent. "That settles it."

"See? I told you she's one of us." Jace shrugged.

"And I'm not, nor I will ever be." Melisa hissed. Then, she looked at Clary. "Our deal was to find Dot but we didn't find her, so our deal is off."

"Melissa, the police wouldn't believe us." Clary countered.

"So, I have too sit tight as you let yourself in danger? I can't." Melissa sighed.

Clary looked at her. "You left!"

"Yes, because I'm not a lunatic that believes everything she sees!" Melissa shouted. "We should let them handle." She waved at the others. "Not you, nor me!"

"But I want to!" Clary shouted back. "Don't you care about mom at all?"

Melissa had teary eyes. "Of course I care, but this isn't how we handle things!" She shouted. "If you don't want me here, I will just leave." Then, she walked away from them. She cried as she walked.