CHAPTER 1 - LIZA

"Time's up. Submit your answer sheet.", said the invigilator.

"Just one minute sir, I can't tie this up.", I said tieing up my answer sheet.

As time ran out invigilator just pulled the answer sheet out of my hand and headed out.

With a frowning face, I started packing my things up. I can't believe I just flunked my semester exam. I prepared for this exam for a week yet here I am crying over the exam.

" Liza! ", called Anjali and smiled from behind.

Anjali is the only person in the world who can bring a smile to my face in any situation. She is my best friend since middle school.She came towards me and saw my face.

"You just gave your worst paper ever, didn't you?" said Anjali adjusting herself in the seat beside me.

"I am doomed. I think I am going to fail this paper.", I said with a dull expression.

"Liza, honestly it isn't your mistake.No one in the world who had their breakup just 3 hours before the exam can write their paper well."

"I just don't get the reason why Sebastian broke up with me, We were all good till yesterday and suddenly he broke up with me? Is he angry that we clubbed without him last week? does that even make sense Anjali? I think he is upset with something, I will just go and clear the issue with him. Then we will be set again. It's not like we are having a fight for the first time in past 6 years."

"Liza.. I didn't want to spoil your preparation so I didn't bring this up before but..." Anjali hesitates.

"but what? tell me."

"My friend Neha said, she saw Sebastian kissing some other girl this morning," she said in a low voice.

It was hard to fight back my tears after listening to that. So, I grabbed my bag and lashed out of the classroom and just wanted to go home. I can hear Anjali's voice calling my name but I didn't care and just walked away.

As I was walking on the bridge, it was evening. The cool breeze touched my cheeks making it impossible to hold back my tears anymore. As I started crying all thoughts ran over my mind. Why did he choose to cheat on me? We promised we will marry each other the why?.After my parents died, Sebastian was the only person who kept me going for last 6 years. But now he left me,I have no one left in the world to be called mine. Even Anjali is going to leave for Australia in a week. I have no one left.

I sat down on the bridge edge, looking at the night sky. Unusually today there is a red moon, so big, so round. It was so pretty but I had no one to share this view with. I guess my twenty years of life is a big fail. I don't want to live in a world where I am alone. I miss my parents a lot today. My mom use to say that the red moon will lead you to the people who will love you the most.

"Mom, dad I think it's time I meet you guys. I am sick of this world." I said crying looking towards the red moon.

I stood up on the bridge, looking at the red moon one last time before I jump into the river below me. My thoughts were all about, will it hurt? will I see my parents in the afterlife? Is this how I die? I am so scared to jump off the bridge but the scariest part was knowing I am alone. So, I closed my eyes, a tear ran through my cheek and I jumped off the bridge into the water.

I can feel the water above my head. I am starting to suffocate. I feel the urge of wanting to live, wanting to breathe but my hands are unable to move.No matter how much I try I can't seem to move.I want call for help but I can't.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my waist and pulled me close to their chest. I can tell it's a man but I can't seem to open my eyes. That man started swimming upwards holding me with one hand soon enough I am above the water.I can breathe again. I can feel him lifting me in his arms and walking. He put me down on the shore and started walking away. I tried opening my eyes but I can see only blur image of his back walking away. He had broad shoulders and was very tall about 6 feet I guess. He wore a black robe like those in periodic movies. I wasn't even able to thank him and I lost my conscience.

I woke up. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the ceiling above me, it was very unfamiliar with red ribbons and as I got up from the bed, everything around me is unfamiliar. I am in a room that is full of antique stuff. The floor was wood. It's like I am in some periodic movie filming set. I am scared and confused. Suddenly the door opens and a girl who is around 17 years comes in holding a water bowl and looks at me.

"Did you wake up miss?" she says keeping the bowl beside me.

I look at her strangely. She slightly laughs and starts washing my leg with a napkin. I pull my leg away and stand on the bed and start screaming.

"Miss, Miss. Why are you screaming?" she says with a confused expression.

"You dare to ask me why? Who are you? and where am I? Why you brought me here?" I shouted at that girl.

Then I saw a mirror in front of me and found myself too unfamiliar. I had long hair with bangs. I was wearing a pretty blue color periodic robe. I had full makeup and was looking so pretty but never in life I did do makeup or grew my hair. what is happening? what did these people do to me?Or was I unconscious for so long that my hair grew?

"Where did you bring me? what happened to me?" I shouted at her.

"Miss, I think something happened to your mind, as you fell in the water last week. Should I call the doctor to check on you?" she said worriedly.

"last week? I fell in the water yesterday night. how long was I unconscious? What's today's date?"

"August 5th," she said.

"August? but I fell into the water in November did a year pass off? which year is going?"

"Miss you are really worrying me. I think I should call the doctor." she started sobbing.

"Just answer me, what year is it?"

"5 August 1684."

"huh? 1684?" I said shocked to my core.