Five

I was sitting at Remus' desk, trying not to think about the fact I just completely destroying his class room and had to fix it, when he walked over with a hot cup of tea for me.

"Drink this, it will make you feel better. I also have some chocolate for you. Seems as though chocolate always cheers me up." He said to me sweetly as he sat in the chair next to me.

"Thank you, Remus. I truly do appreciate your kindness after I completely destroyed your room." I said softly before bringing the cup of tea to my lips and taking a sip.

"It was nothing that couldn't be fixed, love. Now, do you want to talk about what happened?"

I sighed as I set the cup of tea down on the desk, worry taking over my features as I turned to look him in the eyes.

"There is more to me than just this magic inside. I need you to promise me that you will not freak out or judge me for what I am about to tell you." I said to him, seriousness filling my voice and the smile fading from his face.

"Adeline, I do not think there is anything you could tell me that could make me want to judge you or freak out on you. I am a rather understanding man." Remus said to me as he placed his hand over his heart and looked deep into my eyes.

"When I was 14, I was taken in by a man by the name of Leopold Mallard. He was the kindest man I had ever met, taking in a young girl when she had no family or friends, teaching me everything I needed to get through school properly. There was one night that I decided to follow him in the woods after noticing throughout the two years I had been with him that he tended to run into the forest once a month. That would turn out to be the biggest mistake of my life." Tears began filling my eyes as I looked away from Remus and down at the teacup in front of me, "as I got deeper into the forest, I began to hear low growls and snarls coming from behind the trees. Instead of running away like any other person would, I decided I would try and find out what it was, thinking it was a wounded dog or something. When his piercing silver eyes met mine, I knew it wasn't what I thought it was."

"He was a werewolf." Remus stated almost a whisper as he looked away from me and walked around the desk.

"Yes, he was. I ran as fast as my legs would take me, but it was no use."

I pulled down the top right of my shirt, revealing a large bite mark scar on my shoulder. The tears began to fall from my face as Remus turned to look at the scar I was revealing to him. I saw his eyes begin to tear up as he reached out and took my hand in his.

"Adeline, I could never judge you for this as it isn't your fault. I have a similar situation." Remus said to me as he lifted his pant leg and revealed a scar identical to mine.

"You-wait. You are a werewolf?" I asked him, astonished that I wasn't the only one.

"That I am. See, that is why I could never judge you. You and I are the same, except you also have a powerful magic residing within you."

I didn't know what to say to him, so I just rose from my seat and made my way over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him into a hug. I felt him hesitate before wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me tight against him, burying his face in my neck.

"As touching as I am sure this moment is, I need your assistance Adeline." I heard Minerva say from the doorway, a slight chuckle upon her voice as Remus and I jolted away from one another, a blush upon both of our faces.

"Of course, Minerva." I replied to her as I looked to the ground and quickly walked to the doorway to her.

As Minerva and I began walking down the hallway to her classroom, I heard her softly chuckle from beside me causing me to snap my head up to her in confusion.

"I'm sorry, did I do something funny?" I asked as I laughed as well.

"It is cute, you and Remus. I never thought I would have ever thought two professors would end up together, but considering the two of you have so much in common I should have seen it coming." She said to me as she came to a stop in front of her door.

"Remus and I are not together, Minnie. We were just having a friendly hug after a rather sad conversation."

"Was it about your bite?"

"Yes. Wait, how did you know about that?"

"I am not as dimwitted as you may think, Adeline. I knew when Albus hired you that you had a power within you and the bite of a werewolf. That is actually why I brought you here."

She opened her doorway, revealing none other than Severus and Albus standing within her classroom awaiting my arrival. I sighed deeply at the sight of Severus, not wanting to have any conflict when Albus began speaking.

"Hello Adeline. I have brought Severus here today because he has agreed to brew you Wolfsbane potion for your affliction to assist in when you turn. Also, I wanted to personally inform you of a place to safely turn when you know there will be a full moon, it is the same place that Professor Lupin goes. Head to the whomping willow and press the knot at the base, head to through the tunnel and to the shrieking shack." Albus told me sincerely, getting a glare from Severus in the process.

"As if I had a choice in helping her, considering I am already brewing for Lupin. She is just lucky I am your friend and do as you ask, otherwise she would be on her own." Severus said rather rudely, with a scowl upon his face.

I had had enough of his attitude towards me, taking long strides until I was standing before him and looking up into his face. His eyes narrowing as I did so.

"I am sorry for whatever it is that I have done to you, Severus, but I am growing rather tired of your attitude towards me. You may think your little intimidation tactic will work, but I assure you it will not. I suggest you figure out whatever your problem is rather quickly, because I am not going anywhere whether you like it or not." I hissed at him, getting a soft chuckle from Minerva.

"Your potion will be on your desk the morning of the full moon each month, drink it in its entirety. I will not brew a second for you if you fail to do so." Severus said to me through gritted teeth before brushing past me and leaving the room.