7: Can't

A/N: This is so rushed omg don't hate me.

________________________________________

I woke up in a far better mood than all the previous mornings since Louis' and I's break up.

Memories of last night were the first thing on my mind; Louis' soft lips melding so perfectly with mine, his wandering hands touching me everywhere and making me breathless, his little moans and whines and whimpers which indicated that he too was practically melting from the experience. I was so in love.

If I had been viewing the situation from a logical perspective, I would've recognised that Louis had created more questions about our break up than he had answered. But I honestly couldn't care less, because by his decision to kiss me, he practically confirmed that he was still attracted to me, possessed feelings for me, and maybe even loved me.

That was singlehandedly enough to brighten my face with a huge smile. I had to see him; simply had to.

After showering, cleaning my teeth and fixing myself a quick slice of toast, I left a little note to my parents on the kitchen bench, who hadn't yet woken up, and headed outside. I took my mum's car, hoping she wouldn't mind too much, and headed off, on route to Louis' house. I could barely contain my excitement.

He'd been so bipolar lately, which meant I had no clue over how he'd react to seeing me this morning. The mystery of it only made me more eager, to be completely honest.

I curved into the Tomlinson's street, biting my lip as on final attempt to supress my embarrassingly large smile. Approaching the house, however, caused my brow to furrow. There was another car in the driveway; one I was not familiar with. Not Louis' Clio or Jay's Toyota or Mark's Nissan, but a sleek black Audi, contrasting greatly with its surroundings. Briefly wondering who could be its owner, I decided not to let it distract me. I had to see Louis.

Not even sparing a moment to hesitate and ponder on whether this was a good idea or not, I went straight ahead and knocked on the front door. I couldn't wait to see him; see his face the moment he recognised me, the surprise which would inevitably come. I hoped he would be as glad to see me as I was to see him.

Footsteps grew louder, informing me that somebody was on the way, and I could've almost squealed. But, to my disappointment, it wasn't Louis who'd been approaching.

"Oh... hi Jess. I, er, didn't expect to see you here today," Jay said, gazing at me quizzically.

I gave her a polite smile and said, "Hi Jay, I uh, left my coat here last night and just wanted to get it, if that's alright."

"Oh, of course. Come in," she gushed, making room for me to walk past. I grinned at her appreciatively as I entered, eyes taking in every detail and ears listening to every sound in hope I'd find a clue as to his whereabouts.

I proceeded to the lounge, seeing my coat draped over the back of an armchair. I reached out and grabbed it, the woollen material scratching against my skin.

Where was he, I thought as Jay casually monitored me from the doorway and the house seemed to contain no trace of sound otherwise.

Maybe he was still asleep. The thought made me inwardly smile, as I always loved the way he looked while he slept; so peaceful and serene, his eyelashes fanned out against his cheeks and hair all tousled against the pillow. I missed waking up to that sight every morning; missed the low grumble he'd voice when the light peeked through his lashes, the moment when his eyes would open and he'd huskily mumble "Morning, love," as he'd reach out for me across the sheets, the cuddles we'd share until we positively had to get up and begin the day.