No Show

I walk into dance all ready to go. My mom heads into the observation room and I head in to studio 1 to continue rehearsing the duet. Ms. Sara tells me to run it on my own because Alex isn't here yet. Nationals is tomorrow, where is he.

" 1, 2, 3, 4, hit that hard. Get that leg up up up" She yells from the sides. " Awesome, now hit the turn sequence, into that pretty side aerial. Finish out with those turns"

" Will Alex be here" I ask.

" I'll call Alaina and see but if he doesn't show today, I am putting your duet in as a solo and you'll do two routines" She tells me. So if Alex doesn't show, I have two solos and a group dance this week. Oh dear god. She puts the phone on speaker.

" Helloooo" Alaina sings into the phone.

" Hey where are you and Alex" Ms. Sara asks.

" We are doing some stuff at home, what's up" She asks casually.

" Well, Brooklyn is here and dancing and running her part of the duet and if Alex doesn't come today, I'm making the duet a solo for Brooklyn" Ms. Sara says casually.

" Okay, we're on our way. Be there in like 10 minutes" Alaina says.

" Well, no because... We'll talk when you get here" Ms. Sara says.

" Okay, bye babe" Alaina says.

" Bye" With that the phone call is over. I was sort of hoping that they wouldn't show up. That would be nice.

" Well, I'm not waiting for them. Let's get the other girls in here to run the group" She asks. I nod in response. I run into the cave. I tell all of the girls to hurry up and get into the studio so we can run the number.

We worked on the group routine with out Alex. We reblocked it so that he wasn't in it. He also didn't show up for rehearsal. Ms. Sara had to call the competition and tell them that I would be competing Stitches as a solo.

My mom calls me into the observation room. This is where all of the moms sit and gossip about whats going on. They all look eager to ask me questions. I start to wonder why they called me in here.

" So where's Alaina and Alex" My mom asks eagerly.

" We called them and they said they would be here in 10 minutes but that was an hour ago" I say.

" Really" Hadley, Laura's mom, asks. Hadely is my second mom. She is the most kind and loving person in this world. She takes me to competitions when my mom can't go, she helps me with my make-up and hair, and she motivates me.

" Yeah, Alex has also been seeing this other girl and get this her name is Bailey April"

" No way" Jackie, Maria's mom, gasps.

" Yeah, I better get back in there, Ms. Sara is going to get mad"