Meeting Dr Kim

(Play the music)

The funeral procession for Mr Holmes was on a dark, drizzling day in the streets of London. Hundreds marched with the casket as the succession of stringed instruments played solemnly and the whimpers of both men and women were heard. There were no words exchanged between any members of the gathering, for the atmosphere was far too grim for trivial conversation.

Amongst the men and women walking the streets were of course the closest kin to Sherlock – his wife and his daughter, Sherly. They walked alongside the wooden casket with heads low and eyes down turned. The rainwater dripped over their umbrellas and pattered unto the floor in a symphony that intertwined itself with the trembles of the instruments.

The crowd marched solemnly through the rough rubble of the streets and to the soft, wet grass of the cemetery where a hole had been dug for the casket. It seemed however; as if no one were eager to bury the man; as if keeping him out of the hole would some way bring him back to life again.

Sherly encased her mother's frail body between her arms, allowing the woman to sob her heart out into the folds of her coat. They looked on as the men carrying the casket lowered Holmes' body further and further into the pit until it disappeared from above the fertile grass into the desolate earth beneath.

The crowds of men, women and children sobbed as Sherlock Holmes was laid to rest; the great detective was dead, and there would never be one alike.

Perhaps they were wrong, for amongst the crowd, hidden by the caps pulled low over their faces were two men. While one seemed to be distracted from the scene, the other's deep, piercing eyes surveyed the area – resting on the whimpering figure of Sherly Holmes. His brow creased in curiosity as he watched her, but he stood silently in his spot, not desiring to intrude on her grief. He settled with himself that he would greet her upon the ending of the funeral.

The dirt was tossed upon the wooden coffin and the sound echoed like trumpets sounding the death of someone great and cherished. With each shovel of dirt was the realisation set in that London was now to be unprotected and all mysterious cases were to be unsolved, for there were none as great as Holmes at solving mysteries. Even Mr Watson could not live up to the standard Holmes had set in the community.

And all feared the worst.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the funeral drew to a close and the feet of those attending began to lead them home, the pale grey of the sky deepened to a murky darkness that not even the fiercest, brightest light could penetrate. The sun had far set below the buildings in the horizon and the downpour from the sky had momentarily ceased.

Sherly stood beside her father's graveside silently, not crying nor speaking, rather just existing in the moment. Taking opportunity of the moment, a cloaked man strided to Sherly's side, reaching to pull the cap back from his face and allowing his deep eyes to meet hers.

"Pardon me for the intrusion, Miss," He apologised as his gloved hand outstretched in reach for hers, "I have reason to believe you may be the only descendant of Mr Holmes."

Sherly nodded, allowing the man to take her hand and lay a small, feather like kiss against the tenderness of her hand. "I am."

"Then I am pleased to meet your acquaintance, Miss Holmes," He stood back with a bow, "I am Dr Taehyung Kim, a brief acquaintance of your father's." He introduced before adding, "Your father was a very good man, Miss Holmes, and one all could be proud of."

Sherly found her gaze flickering towards her father's grave once more. "Indeed he was, Dr Kim." Dr Kim's gaze followed hers, resting on the burial place of the older man. "But now he is no longer."

Dr Kim hummed in agreement before adding, "But it is not a man's body that lives on but what he did with it." He turned to the girl and their eyes met, "Do you not agree, Miss Holmes?"

"I do, Mr Kim, but London is need of my father, and though you claim he lives on, he does not. Now that he's dead, what worth is his work now?" She asked him, "Will he suddenly reappear to take charge of London's great mysteries again?"

Their eyes returned to the tombstone again, reading the name inscribed upon the tombstone. Mr Kim stood thoughtfully before answering.

"I don't assume so Miss Holmes, however, I find it quite peculiar that you as his only child would ask such a question and yet not volunteer to fill it."

Sherly's eyes immediately shifted to his, and she burnt in the heat of his gaze. Even through the rain, she could feel his warmth. A passion of such, which burned so bright it could not be quenched. She felt as if there were more to his story to uncover – as if his emotional bond to her father was tighter weaved than what he had claimed it was.

No further words were exchanged between the two as the man bowed his head and took his leave. Sherly could only watch his figure retreat through the haze of the rain.

She assumed it would be the last she would see of the man, but she was very wrong, for Dr Kim would make his appearance again very soon. 

A/N:

Yeah I really want Tae to be a gentleman but a badass one and idk is it working?

This kinda sucked im sorry 

Bye-