Chapter 1

Ahana paced the room in mild annoyance. Where had they gone? Even Astria wasn't with her, and Astria didn't often go down with the boys.

Just as she pondered, she heard their footsteps. She smiled indulgently as Haro strutted in first, his light blinding, and his warmth filling the room.

He was a powerful child, with the ability to make himself as hot and as bright as he wanted. He used this power to the best effect when pranking his sister, or parading around earth with Atlas and Sao.

She glanced up in surprise when she saw Sao and Atlas following with a baby girl in their arms. When the baby girl entered, a cool breeze filled the hall. They were followed by another girl, the same age as them, with hair such a dark blue it was almost black, and sea green eyes.

"This is Rue, mother." Haro spoke first, gesturing to the baby. He put his arms behind his back nervously. "She's my daughter."

"Daughter?" Ahana asked. This was something she did not consider. "I'm sorry, Mother, it was a mistake." Haro apologized hastily. "Oh, no, it's alright son." Ahana composed herself quickly, bestowing a smile upon her favorite. "And who might you be?" her eyes narrowed down at the girl, who stood too confidently for her liking. "I'm Mira." She said, smiling brightly. "You are?"

She dared to barge into her world and ask who she was?

"I am Ahana." she said stiffly. "The Mother."

They descended into an awkward silence, until a completely oblivious Haro spoke up, grinning. "Well, mother, we must be off." He placed Rue into her arms and grinned at the others. 

He led them out of the throne room, with the exception of Astria, who rolled her eyes at them before laughing.

Ahana set the baby aside in a corner. Rue looked at her with large, innocent green eyes, as she sat down next to the Goddess of the Stars. 

"Astria, dear?"

"Yes Mother?" she replied.

Ahana sat closer to her, taking Astria's hands in hers.

"Would you do me a favor?" She asked. "Well, of course Mother." Astria said a little hesitantly, brushing her hair behind her ear.'

"Look after them, won't you? Make sure they're perfect like you." She said, smiling at her. "They should be perfect. Promise me that."

Astria bit her lip, but nodded. "I promise, Mother."