26

C

About a few weeks into mid September, I had a big idea that I was so sure Orabella was bound to love!

I was wrong.

A random Saturday out of the month, I had gathered together Majesti, Xochitl, Moni, Zeymira, and Marcel and of course Ora.

We were sitting at the park, all a little bit dressed up more than usual. Not like semi formal, or formal, or anything. Just in our best outfits with a little smile. Everybody knew my plans of a big surprise here to the exact moment and detail except Ora. I even had Cy'Moni pick her up from her place because Ora's dad was working on moving and couldn't bring her out here.

I was afraid if I went and picked her up myself (the moms lended me the Kia) that I might want to fuck the shit out of her in the vehicle and we'd never make it to the park.

"Are they almost here?" Xochitl asked, the wind blowing her hair away from her face as we all sat on a large, thick blanket I had gotten. The food was in the center, surrounded by a circle of anti-ant stuff for picnics. We all had agreed to keep an eye on the food but just in case the ants started coming...

"Moni said they're pulling up," I informed everybody.

"You look alright. Don't worry. And I'm sure she'll say yes," Zeymira assured me, fixing at my clothes. I was wearing a black, airy button down and some grey, baggy jeans, grateful that the Sun didn't have any intentions of coming out today or I'd be toast.

"So to be clear: When Ora gets here we can start eating," Majesti asked, sitting across from me, her auburn hair braided into a bun, her legs shimmering with some sort of body glitter underneath a flow-y dress.

"Nooo, once she gives me her answer y'all can eat," I corrected.

"Which will most likely be a yes, c'mon, let's be for real now," Marcel grinned, gently punching my shoulder.

"Okay, they're here," I stood up, making sure I looked alright as I waited at the edge of the blanket for Ora and Moni to come into view.

"You got this, Cee!" Xochitl whispered.

Over the past few weeks, Ora and I had gotten closer and closer. We picked up where we left off at in middle school. We learned how to navigate Lazuli Heights together. And most of all, we shyly accepted that we both had feelings for one another. The biggest thing keeping Ora from me right now was my past. It was Kailin. She was still hesitant to be serious with me because of that. But I was hoping that today and all the good times we'd had together over the past month, would finally convince Ora that I wanted her to be mine.

I tried to keep down a smile as I held a medium sized box in my grasp. I always told her I'd ask her out in a way and place that I felt like would make her happy.

Well, today was the day, and this place was the place.

Moni jogged away from Ora's side once the two were in view and came over to sit down with us, grinning and giving me a big thumbs up from the blanket. Ora had her locs in a bun, her scalp shimmering with oils, and a light green t-shirt over a white hoodie paired with some dark green camo shorts as she trailed behind. I saw the exact moment that Ora'a eyes landed on what was in my hands, because surprise and a look of fear took over her face.

"Cecia...what's this?" she asked once she reached me.

Doubt made my stomach drop. She didn't like it?

"A surprise...for you," I explained slowly.

"I don't like this type of stuff. With everybody staring at me, Cee," she said lowly, keeping her voice quiet.