Author's Note

AUTHOR'S NOTE (UPDATE AS OF MAY 14, 2021):

For the longest time I've grappled with whether I would come back to the site, and if I did what I would work on first -- something new, or something old. Clearly, I've decided for the latter. 5:48 has always had a very special place in my heart. I wrote it 7 years ago, when I was the kind of 16 year old that grew up too fast. I had just come out of a difficult phase in my life and was still nursing all sorts of battle wounds. Now here I am, 7 years later, a bit rougher around the edges, but still I find myself writing and find myself the same, deep down: a lover of beautiful words, pretentious metaphors, and stories that make you feel things.

And so here I write with you this new 5:48, which I plan to make a little bit more real, with a little more tough pills to swallow, and most especially, a little more like coming home after a long, tiring journey. That's what re-writing this is for me, anyway: coming home from where I've journeyed, to tell you what I've learned and how, ultimately, no matter how much older we grow, some things just stay comfortably and thankfully the same.

To new readers or those who didn't get to finish reading before — Despite not having the chance to see the old version, I still hope that this version can sufficiently welcome you home. This will probably be not what you expect to read when you clicked on this story, or this might exactly hit the spot, but either way I hope you enjoy.

To old readers or those who've finished reading 5:48 once, twice, thrice — 5:48 only exists because of you. This re-write only exists because of you. There will be some significant changes, both plot and character-wise, but rest assured you'll still have most of the things you loved. There will be some new chapters, as well, so don't be too surprised. I hope this will not only hold up to you standards, but exceed it ten-fold. Always remember that 5:48 is ready to have you back home.

To both new and old readers — I am doing the re-write because I want 5:48 to be in the best shape it can be. So as you read along, I would more than appreciate any words of wisdom or comments on what parts, quotes, lines, words you loved and what you didn't love so much. All I ask is that they all be done constructively and with respect.

Also, 5:48 is definitely open to your reviews, whether they be through goodreads.com (yes 5:48 is on goodreads), blogs, or even just here on wattpad. Feel free to link me to your reviews. This, of course, holds the same provision that these reviews are done constructively and respectfully. 

As always, this is dedicated to the broken hearts and the lost souls. May life start, love fall, and ends begin for you. May the little things become big things, and may your lovely hearts be satisfied.

Much love,

Chloe