BONUS CHAPTER: MEET AGAIN

Marina had spent her life as a spy, infiltrating governments and gathering information for the CIA

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Marina had spent her life as a spy, infiltrating governments and gathering information for the CIA. She had seen things that most people could only imagine, and had spent years living a double life, always on edge, always ready to move at a moment's notice.
Now, in her forties, she had retired from the spy game and was living in Paris. She had always loved the city, with its beautiful architecture and rich history. She had a small apartment in the Marais district, where she spent her days reading and painting.
One afternoon, as she was leaving a café, she spotted a man across the street. He was tall and lean, with short brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She felt a jolt of recognition as she looked at him, but she couldn't quite place where she knew him from.
The man turned and caught her eye, and she felt her heart skip a beat. He smiled at her, and she smiled back, feeling a warmth spread through her body.
As they approached each other, Marina realized where she had seen him before. It was Sergei, the Russian spy she had once been seduced by. They had spent a tumultuous few weeks together, with feelings growing between them even as they worked to undermine each other's governments.
Marina had never forgotten Sergei, but she had assumed he was long gone, dead or retired. Now, seeing him again, she felt a mix of excitement and fear. She wasn't sure how she felt about him anymore, after all the lies and secrets that had passed between them.
Sergei reached her, and they stood facing each other for a long moment, neither speaking. Finally, he broke the silence.
"Marina," he said, his voice deep and rich. "It's been a long time."
She nodded, not sure what to say. "Sergei," she replied finally.
He looked at her, his gaze intense. "You look beautiful," he said softly.
Marina felt a blush rise to her cheeks. "Thank you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.
They stood there for another moment, looking into each other's eyes, before Sergei spoke again.
"Can we talk?" he asked. "I know we have a lot to catch up on."
Marina hesitated, but then nodded. "Sure," she said. "There's a park nearby. We could walk there."
Sergei smiled. "Lead the way," he said.
They walked through the streets of Paris, Marina leading the way as she wound through alleys and side streets. She felt Sergei's presence behind her, felt the heat of his body and the intensity of his gaze.
When they reached the park, they found a quiet bench and sat down. For a long moment, neither of them spoke, the tension between them almost palpable.
Finally, Sergei broke the silence. "I know we have a lot of history between us," he said. "But I want you to know that I'm not here to cause trouble."
Marina looked at him, surprised. "What do you mean?" she asked.
Sergei shrugged. "I mean, I'm not here on a mission. I'm not spying on you or trying to get information out of you. I just wanted to see you again."
Marina felt a mix of emotions flood through her. She didn't know whether to believe him or not, but she couldn't deny the feelings that were stirring inside her. She still had feelings for Sergei, even after all these years.
"I don't know if I can trust you," she said finally.
Sergei nodded. "I understand that. But I'm not asking for your trust. I'm just asking for a chance to say to you... "
"To say to me what?" She asked aggressively
"I love you"
She looked at him and felt her body melting, every cell of her body were shaking, she rushed to him to kiss him passionately, it was an explosion of love.
This is how the story end with the picture of star crossed lovers reunited again.